Chapter One- Birthday Surprises

Even though the rain was splashing along my face I wouldn't get up.
The familiar harsh voice of Steve shouted "Get up Cat!" Along with some pounding on the door.
I layed in bed pretending to be asleep. But I couldn't fool Steve, his gruff voice carried on shouting.
I pushed my duvet to the other side of the bed and dragged my feet out of bed. "Coming!"
Of course. Steve had forgotten my birthday. But thankfully my mum hadn't.
"Oh Steve, don't say you don't remember?" That's my mum. I love her but she doesn't understand me. She married Steve.
I got up and smiled wondering how he would wriggle out of this one. The rain was still pounding on my bed so I shut my window.
The door opened and in walked my mum wearing a party hat holding Steve's hand.
"Of course I didn't forget about my Kittens Birthday!" Steve exclaimed. He did.
I hate it when he called me Kitten. Dad called me that... When he was still there. Steve acts like he's my real dad. He picked the habit of calling me Kitten from Mum.
Oh, how I hate Steve.
Mum was holding five wrapped presents each in a different pattern. Steve was holding a cup of tea and a present. He got me something.
Mum passed me the first present. "Happy birthday Cat. Have a nice day. Now open them up. Or you'll be late for school.
I got back in bed and took the present  from mum. It was a very small parcel wrapped in rainbow zigzags. "Thanks mum." Steve handed me the cup of tea.
I found the edge of the paper and started to prise it open. I saw a glass box with two emerald green studs.
"They are actually real emeralds! Steve actually managed to fix it all up. He got a 10% voucher on a jewelry store and he gave it to me when I first met him, so I booked an appointment for earrings making. I was busy so Steve got it ready for me. I gave him a drawing so he could match it. Do you like it?"
I smiled. "I love it." I took a sip of the tea and my mum passed me the rest of the presents.
The next one was a outfit. Black jeans and a cat t shirt. I imagined wearing it to school but we had a stupid uniform.
My mum had also got me a new stationary kit, a book about cats and a brand new phone! The one I had asked for for ages but they hadn't let me.
Last was Steve's present he passed it to me. It was wrapped in a plain wrapping paper with a tag saying To Catrina written in swirly writing.
"Thanks." I said to him suspiciously.
I pealed the wrapping of and inside was a black velvet jewelry box with a gold stud for where you opened it.
Inside was a necklace black string with a face of a cat with emerald green eyes matching to my earnings.
It looked gorgeous.
"They're matching to your earnings. Once again really cheep. Someone sold it at the car boot sale last Saturday for £10. Quite superstitions they were. Wanted to get rid of it quickly." Steve said casually. "Well you're gonna be late for school. Ya might as well go."
I got ready brushed my teeth and got changed.
Thank you for reading. :)
Please remember to vote
Next chapter next week:)