His Endeavour

Hi everyone! This is my first Ashaangi story. But I used to write stories for other fandoms on another platform though. Like so many of you, I fell in love with this Magic that is Ashaangi and I recently discovered your stories that I am currently devouring, and could not help myself, I had to pen this down. Some of you may have seen me commenting on some stories here, and know that you guys are awesome and your comments make me laugh too much.

Some of you may have noticed this also, but I have to say it: I can't do picture edits. If you are an editor and want to do a cover pic for this story, please do so and send it to me. I will be really glad for your help!

About this story: This OS is based on two vlogs on Balasaravanan's Youtube channel. It was taken during Sivaangi's Coimbatore trip for Don shooting. I noticed a few things in the vlogs and my imagination ran wild. You can watch the videos before or after reading this and you will get a clear picture of what sparked me. But this, sadly, remains fictional.

Also, I have provided an English translation of the dialogues in Tamil (like many of the other authors here). Also, I speak Eelam Tamil so I am trying to write in Tamil Nadu style but some words may escape me.

So Makkaley, here is the story!

*****

To endeavour: Trying hard to achieve something

Sivaangi was preceding Balasaravanan and Vijay to exit the flight, her mobile in hand, filming a vlog.

"Naanga vanthu successfulla Coimbatore reach agithom!" (We have successfully reached Coimbatore!)

She had come here for the shooting of her movie and was recording everything, with interjections from her new found brothers. Enthusiastically waving goodbye to the flight attendants, she crossed the door. The blowing wind outside engulfed her fully, making her flying hair touch her face in a caress. She giggled at the tickling feeling and angled her phone to her face correctly.

"Sema katru... Coimbatore full-uh..." (It is so windy... Coimbatore is full of...)

She was looking for words to say. This was not the first time she was looking for words. People were used to her loss of words, her mistakes in Tamil, her incessant blabbers. Her phone pinged with a particular sound. The blowing wind masked the sound of the notification and she slightly turned her phone so that Balasaravanan and Vijay who were behind her would not be able to see the message. Here, on the phone notification, she found the words she was looking for.

"...Kulu Kulu!"

As she said these words, something inside her fluttered, her back tingled and goosebumps erupted on her arms. She quickly interrupted the video and hid the message on the notification bar.

The group of four made their way toward the luggage claiming lounge. And as Bala took out his phone to record the vlog, Sivaangi hurriedly opened her messages:

'Maa safe-a reach ayithingala?' (Have you reached safely?)

'Just now. We are going to take our luggage.'

As she replied to the message and looked up, she saw that her companions were no more with her. Quickening her pace, she once again started her video:

"Makkale ivanga rendu perum ennai vittuthu poyithanga." As she joined them, her phone pinged with a new message. (See there, both of them just left me here.)

'Okay ma. Hotel pona piragu message pannu ma.' (Okay. Message me once you reach the hotel.)

'Late aagum, we are going to Annapoorna restaurant to eat dosai, Ashwineyy!!! I can't wait, enakku ippave passikuthu!' (It might be late. I can't wait, we are going to Annapoorna restaurant to eat dosai. I am already hungry!)