Team Changes + prologue

BMW Andretti -> Avalanche Andretti
Jake Dennis and Oliver Askew
Dragon Penske
Sergio Sette Camara and Jaylyn Reid
DS Techeetah
Antonio Felix da Costa and Jean-Eric Vergne
Envision Virgin Racing -> Envision Racing
Robin Frijns and Nick Cassidy
Mahindra Racing
Oliver Rowland and Alexander Sims
Mercedes EQ
Jess Bianchi and Nyck de Vries
NIO 333
Charlie Latifi and Dan Ticktum
Nissan
Sebastien Buemi and Max Guenther
Jaguar Racing
Sam Bird and Mitch Evans
Venturi
Edo Mortara and Lucas di Grassi
Porsche
Andre Lotterer and Pascal Wherlein

Prologue (March 2022)
A lot has happened to me over the winter break. I have been given a chance to reflect on my journey further alongside my boyfriend Nyck. Of course, there is a lot that went wrong but I think I came out of it as a better person. In terms of my work life, I have decided that it is finally time that I join the crazy world of Formula 1 as a reserve driver. I will also try my best to be the second driver to get a back-to-back Formula E championship. Right now I am getting ready for the most important part of my career as an F1 reserve driver. The seat fit. It is a simple process as not much would have changed from my seat fit from the post-season testing. Just to make sure Lewis' engineer has asked that we check. The thing is I don't mind because I have a couple of weeks before winter testing for Formula E starts.

"So, Bono, basically you are not sure if you need to make changes?" I double-check with him.

"Yes. The Formula E car dimensions are slightly different. So I want to double-check everything," His explanation makes sense. He is quick to remove the steering wheel for me. I find it odd that it has taken me eight years to finally sit in a Formula 1 car. Oh well, there is nothing that I can do about it. I am quick to get comfortable. Thankfully Bono is soon satisfied. It has been a couple of weeks since then and I am currently in the Mercedes hospitality area watching the race that is going on. The cameras are following an intense battle between Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen. I am finding it impressive. As soon as the thought leaves my mind disaster strikes. For some unknown reason Lewis losses control. The VIPs that were chatting fall silent as Lewis' car is ripped apart.

"It looks like Lewis has lost control and-," Even Crofty is lost for words. That means it is really bad. The race is soon red-flagged. It doesn't take long for Lewis to be pulled from the car. I soon join the rest of the team in the garage. The atmosphere is tense. I can feel all of the emotions that I felt on the day that I lost my brother. It doesn't take long for Toto to get some good news. He gathers the two lead engineers, George Russell and myself to a restricted area so that the media don't hear or see what we are discussing.

"Ok so we are getting word that Lewis will survive but he may have to take the season off to recover. Jess I would like you to take his place," Toto announces. Dammit. This was not the way that I wanted the start my campaign in F1. At least I get my chance with one of the best teams. 

A/N So it is here. The next chapter of Jess' life. All I will say about this one is it will push Jess and Nyck's relationship even further than before.  I would also like to apologise for the team changes section as I would like to reflect the real-life changes and some additions of my own as this is a fan-fic and it can't be done in a few sentences. With that out of the way, please remember to vote and/or comment if you enjoy the continuation of Jess and Nyck's journey.