i. first time meeting

Ayato was home alone, Kaneki had left for work in the morning, and his shift at Anteiku later this afternoon. So right now he laid sprawled on their bed. Ayato ended up moving in with Kaneki after two years of them going out.

It was Ayato's idea but Kaneki disagreed. Until a few mentions later Kaneki brought it up once and Ayato accepted it. After living together for a long time some how tehir sleeping schedule got messed up.

Now Ayato didn't like to get up before 12 p.m. He was not a morning person, Kaneki would have push and pull Ayato out of bed. Ayato found it funny and cute that Kaneki cared. But Kaneki wasn't coming back in a few hours so he had nothing to do.

Ayato groaned because he was bored. Because Kaneki wasn't with him he didn't have anything to cuddle with or lay on. The empty space beside him wasn't helping. He finally decided to get up cause there was no point and reminding himself that Kaneki wouldn't be home in a few hours.

Ayato roamed around trying to find something to do. Kaneki liked reading, but holy hell! Those books Kaneki read would take Ayato months to finish. Even if he was able to finish he would have had skipped a few chapters.

Ayato should be doing something productive, mostly because he was on break. So was Kaneki even though Kaneki was in his 3rd year at Kamii University. Ayato didn't see the point of Kaneki always trying harder there. He was already smart as fuck, but the University he went to was full of smart people too. So he shouldn't judge cause he's in his last year of High School.

But he started dating Kaneki when he was in his first year of High School, when Touka dragged him along to look at Kamii University. When Kaneki was with his loud Hide friend. Hide was probably the reason he was with Kaneki, mostly because of how close he saw the two. He still remembered that Touka and him had gotten lost, mostly because some guy left to get to class.

They also couldn't find the way out of the courtyard, when they were walking around Touka looking at billboards. Ayato saw that some loud kid with headphones, wearing a yellow jacket. It had taken Ayato by surprised that a loud kid like that got in the school. Though Kaneki later explained that Hide the loud kid, was actually really smart.

When Ayato saw that Hide was talking to some guy with white hair, wearing a blue hoodie and dark jeans. He didn't know how long he was staring but he remembered that Touka grabbed his wrist and dragged them to the Hide's and Kaneki's table. That's when he got nervous cause he could feel the sweat on the side of his face, slowly beat down. That wasn't his best time to be wearing a jacket if he was gonna end up sweating.

What made his heart beat loud and made his pulse go, was that whatever Hide and Kaneki were talking about. It was obviously very good and funny, cause the smile he saw on Kaneki's face and when he heard him laugh. Oh god. In that moment he knew Touka was leading him to his doom.

Kaneki had a gentle bright smile. His hair could match snow even if his hair was dyed. It didn't matter cause his silver-grey eyes could pull it off. The laugh he heard from Kaneki, he sounded genuinely happy.

Even though just by looking you could see that he was trying to do his work. By the two opened text books, journal left open on a page that was half written on already, and pencil in his write hand. Though by the laughter he heard you can tell he didn't mind.

"Hi, sorry my brother and I got lost. Can you lead us too the parking lot?" Touka asked. Very much in need of assistance, to get out of the maze that was a University.

"Sorry, gotta be going to soccer practice in a few minutes." Hide had responded with a wry smile. Mostly because if he ended up late again the coach would make them run extra laps. With that he left saying a quick good-bye to all them.