Chapter 12

"Can we change the subject " I say getting up and going into the kitchen sitting down at the aisle eating my ice cream.

"No "he says standing on the other side looking at me "we can't for a simply reason:he hit you and he's wrong "

"I no that "I say trying Not to cry "now your gonna rub it in my face?"i say looking down at the ice cream as tears start coming .

"I'm not gonna cuddle you and say I'm sorry for bringing it up"he moves the ice cream and lifts my head up so I'm looking at him "because I'm not "

"Lemme alone "I say trying to move my head out his grasp but he didn't budge "please"

"Okay but one question "he says letting my face go "are you going to leave him "he ask.

I just look at him blanking. should I?he only hit me once ?but he cheated on me twice ?I've been with him since I was 15 that's 4 years how could I let that go?but my mom always told me if he lays a hand on you leave him."i guess"

"What time is it "he say looking at his watch "great come on"he says grabbing my hand.

"Where are we going" I ask almost falling "and its past 12:00 it's only crazy people up at this time of night "I say moving a piece of hair out my face that feel out my bun.

"To get your stuff "he says trying to find my slippers that I had on when he kicked me out " there by the door"he comes back and put them on my feet.

We walk out the door."why today ?why right now "I ask stopping "because my feet hurt "they really don't I just don't want to see him.

"Get in the car I'll tell you "

I get in the car and he starts it."now what "we start driving "hello"

"He's locked up"is all he says and I almost choke on the air ."why?what happened?he's okay ?"i ask nervous.

"Why do you care "he say looking at me then back at he road "obvious he wanted to forget you because he got drunk and fought random people plus the cops "he says point to himself .

So that's what happened to his eye!my ba- drew caught him pretty good we'll both of us.

"First I care because he's my baby father "I suck my teeth "plus why wouldn't I ? I was with that man for 4 four year "

"He doesn't even believe in it "he say hitting the wheel " four year ?well those four years should've been thrown away when he fucked the girl the first time "he says shaking his head.

"Well it's my business wither I care or not "I look out the window "and he knows the baby's his he just doesn't like you"i say looking down.

We get to the house and I get goose bumps."it's okay I'm with you"jerome says ."it's not that.I'm cold "I say rubbing my arms.

"Oh well sorry for trying to get you out In a rush "

Well I could get one of my sweaters from the house.we get to the door and I push the door and it's open he always forgets to lock the door."how'd you get the door open "Jerome ask.

"Secret "I no it's wrong for lying to him but I no Jerome doesn't like drew so im not telling me drew door is always open for people to steal from him.