"are you still mad?"

The weather is mocking her. It's cold, incredibly so. Cold may not even be the right word to describe it. It's not quite raining but it doesn't quite constitute as drizzling. It's that calm sprinkle, calm and dreary and utterly pitiful. The cold is enough to chill the glass against the side of Courtney's body. She could move but she found that she may deserve this punishment- this searing cold biting into the skin of her arm.

Her eyes stray towards the cracked picture frame on the coffee table. It was such a dumb place to put it. Cracks spliced across the glass, shattering the perfect picture. It didn't make the picture any less romantic, of course. She wished she could go back to that moment- being held close, wrapped in warmth, a layer of protection nothing could penetrate. She's being stupid, she knows.

"Are you still mad?"

Courtney doesn't have to turn around to know who's talking to her. Their voice is a chilling gust against her back. She looks back at the dribbling clouds outside the window.

"I said I was sorry,"

She sighs, pushing a hand through her hair. It hurts, the strands pulling through the bloodied gaps in her knuckles. When she looks at the cuts for more than a fraction of a second, she can see the miniature shards of glass twinkling at her like lost stars. Something else she may have deserved. She sighs again.

"Doesn't really fix it," She grunts loud enough for him to hear. Giving in, she turns to face him. He leans against the wall, arms crossed against his chest. "How are you going to make this better?"

Seph grins, standing up straight from the wall. The confident bridle of his shoulders makes Courtney want to punch him. Her hand tingles angrily at the thought. Still, another attempt wouldn't hurt. "You know I can," he says, voice even colder than before. "Believe it or not, I'm here to help,"

"But you're not helping," She grits out through her teeth, flying out of her chair. She paces the floor, tearing at the frays in her sweater. The floor feels tacky under her feet, cold.

"Why don't you let me out?" Seph request gently.

Courtney spins to look at him. To really look at him. He looks cold, which was fairly normal. She tries to keep the heat on but with the amount of projects she's losing, there's no telling how long she'll even be able to afford it. Even cold, he still looks gorgeous. Of course he did. He was a model, after all. And those eyes. She couldn't seem to get away from those eyes. Especially with the emergencies popping up all over the country.

"I let you out, Seph," She whisper yells, glancing towards the door. Police officers had been stationed right outside since he disappeared from a scheduled shoot two days ago. Not that it was mattered. They were nothing more than posers- guiding the media to believe they were investigating. 

They're not.

"You murdered someone,"

"He could have hurt me," Seph hisses. He turns away, falling into the window seat with a mute thump. "You know he could have hurt me,"

"I know but-,"

A knock on the door snaps them into silence. Courtney feels her mouth dry up, looking between Seph and the front door. "You know why they're here,"

"Stoppit-," Panic bloomed inside of her. She moved on instinct, jamming things into her bag without thinking. The picture goes in after the a few bottles of water. Who knows if any stores will let her in?

Seph stands out of his chair, approaching her. "You're going to have to let me out," He leans closer, forcing Courtney to freeze in her actions. His small was nothing short of sadistic. Colder than it'd ever been. "You can't leave me with them. It's not safe," He says softly, hands pressing against the glass of the mirror.

"You're not safe," 

The knocks continue into full blown bangs. "Courtney, I know you're in there! Courtney!"

Courtney grits her teeth, pointing a finger. "You have to be on your best behavior,"

"When am I not?" He smiles through the glass. "Just let me out," Seph begs from his side of the mirror where the sun shines through the window, where his blood slowly congeals on the carpet, where his body begins to decompose. "Let me help you find my murderer,"

<><><><>

was this confusing? i hope it wasn't. i thought it was fairly well thought out but i wrote it so not great feedback. tell if y'all like it.