Chapter 17

Chan di chaan'ni thalle behke,
(Sitting under the moonlight)

Do gallan kariye pyar diyan,
(Let's talk about our love a bit)

Aja gallan kariye, aja gallan kariye,(Come let's talk, come let's talk)
************************

Author's POV

'It's him!'

Flashback

Ritika visited her Nani's (maternal grandmother) old house. She visited there after many years as they shifted to other city. She has many memories there, so she decided to pay a visit.

"We used to meet at this place", she murmured to herself and sighed. She felt someone's gaze on her. She turned but no one was there. She sat under a banyan tree while brushing her fingers on it's hanging roots. After a while, She got up and heard some voices. She saw a young man in an expensive suit helping an old lady in the village but his back was towards her. She smiled at his generosity and left.

It was evening. She was coming back from her childhood friend's home. She saw a man playing gully cricket with kids. Gully cricket! She got an urge to play. Grinning, She went to them. She saw that this was the same person she had seen before, the same young man who was helping the village lady. Before she could reach, she got a call. She left to attend the call looking at his back.

It was the day when she was going back home. She met everyone before leaving. She met her friend and her family. They had come to see her off. She was looking at a closed house.

"No one lives here anymore. After his Bauji (grandfather) died, they took Biji (grandmother) with them to the city. He was here. I met him this morning while he was leaving", her friend said. She was sad thinking that 'He was here, yet didn't feel like meeting her. Has he forgotten her?'

Saying good bye to them, she left. Sitting in the car, her mind recalled the events happened during her stay. She recalled the young man with whom she felt an unknown attraction. She wanted to meet him but didn't get any chance. And 'he' was here also yet didn't meet her. But all the time of her stay she felt that someone was watching her. Shaking her head, she doze off.

°°°°°°
Present (in Goa)

"Chotey (referring her younger brother), did you tell her? What did she say?", Sourabh's sister, Divya asked him during face time with him. He looked at her. She rolled her eyes.

"Don't get start with the dialogue, 'di(sister) please, Don't raise your hopes. She just thinks me as her friend...bla bla...", she said imitating him. He pressed his lips in a thin line. He regretted telling her. No, he didn't tell her but she is his elder sister. She knows her younger brother more than anyone else and has her ways of getting things out of him. Sibling things.

Flashback

Puja (worship) was held in his house. He also invited his friends. He was eagerly waiting for his Angel as she was coming his home for the first time. He was very excited. He was constantly looking at the door.

Finally, his friends came. A smile appeared on his lips when he saw the one, he was waiting for. She was wearing red anarkali suit. She greeted his family.