Government United Agency

"Director Nance needs to see this! Where is he?"

Walk with me. I lead a covert operation to help locate national security threats from within our own country. Keep up, this one is urgent.

You see, over a century ago, the US had a technological boom. Smart phones, tablets, computers, and watches all gave us access in an instant to learn and discover anything our minds could conjure up. Suddenly, we could connect with people from around the world in an instant.

This opened a whole new threat level to not only our country, but internationally as well. It became a lot harder to track threats and stay in front of the bad guys. Now, in the year 2120, the only way to stay ahead of criminals, is to work around the clock with technology the average citizen would never hear about.

Anyways, stay right here for a second, top secret information must be discussed.

Sorry about that, just trying to save the world. Where were we? Ah, yes – technology not in the hands of our citizens.

The only way we can keep up with everyone in an age where anonymity online is rampant, is to have a few tricks up our sleeves. A hundred years ago, we used FISA courts, satellites, and the NRO to secretly spy on our citizens and track online threats through the first iteration of global connectivity. Back then, countries were always at war with one another, trying to gain information to take the other down.

Most of the world's population still believes that to be the case – but the truth is – world powers came together within the last two decades and formed an alliance that was kept hidden from everyone else.

What's the reason for this secret alliance? Well, it was for the greater good to combat a looming, imminent threat from outside of our solar system that would be the end of the entire human race.

That's right... aliens!

So, they banded together, and now here I am, doing my part to keep not only my country, but Mother Earth safe from extraterrestrials.

Allow me to introduce myself before we go any further, I know that was a lot to take in. My name is Clarence, Clarence Leonidas Langston. My dad was a huge Roman Empire nerd.

I am a lead analyst here at Government United Agency, GUA for short, and head of the surveillance department in the United States of America. Basically, I use our state-of-the-art technology to track threats domestically, and report it back here to Director Nance to handle properly. Sounds lame I know, but when you realize I'm in charge of 400 million people's safety and well-being every day, and see the cool gadgets I get to use, you'll understand how fascinating my job really is.

Why did I join?

Well, two reasons really. First, love of country. I want to keep this place I call home safe, and what better way to do that than by joining the organization who literally determines and eliminates threats. Second, not to brag or anything, but I kind of helped design the software and system in place to make this all possible.

Follow me back to my desk, we'll go over a few of the basics there.

So, too dumb down what it is I created - and to avoid being a total nerd - while I was in college, I developed a program that was able to hack into anything with a camera, think CCTV's, laptops, phones, hell even baby monitors, to run diagnostics on threats of people using facial recognition. Once my program picked up a person, if they had any type of online presence, my algorithm could identify them, and track any and everything they had said via social media, private chat rooms, message boards etc. In a matter of hours, it would determine if the person should be more closely monitored, and then move on to the next subject.