Good Mornings, are very rarely good.

"Emma!" My dad coughed from downstairs. "School is in 10 minutes." I restrained the urge to growl as loud as I wanted. We had just moved here and the last neighbors didn't really care for the growls and sounds of crashing pots before dawn, so I am almost positive these neighbors would also mind.

             "Okay, dad." I faked a smile, just enough so you could hear it in my voice and sprung toward the closet. Quicker than sound, I had switched into a black shirt and blue skinny jeans. No joke, really, I can move at the speed of sound, even faster if I wanted to. Totally lets me sleep in however long I want to and still be on time for whatever I had that day. I snatch moms bandanna and sped downstairs. Okay, I really like speed. Faster the better. "Morning, rat." I ruffled my little brothers hair and before he could react I was at the fridge.

             "Dad!! Em is using her powers on me again." He was loud for a five year old, his voice carried all around the house, even upstairs really. He will make a great Alpha one day, if he lasts that long. Dad's beta friends love to mess with him, they can't do much yet, but as soon as Eric can shift.. I pushed the though aside, when I noticed dad's clawed hand swinging down toward my face. I stepped out of the way, putting my shoulder and shirt in the line of fire instead of my face. 

             "What was that for?" He let a low warning growl, but I didn't back down. I have gotten used to it. It really only works on the betas now. They wimper an apology and disappear into the fog. I let the same low growl come out of my throat. I was still a reckless pup. Well, according to Head Beta, a reckless bitch,pardon my language.

             "Watch it, young lady." My glare harded, and the fire grew inside. I wasn't backing out. I didn't do anything that would cause him to take a claw on me. 

             "Will you children stop?" Grandma yelled as she flew down the stairs with great speed. Grandma was a great leader in her day. She never waivered a bit and the pack was much stronger with her leadership then it ever will be with my dad. The only reason he is in power is because my Grandmother stepped down. Funny really, cause she still has much hatred for her son, so I am guessing it was involuntary, but you know they never tell me anything.

             "I can handle this, MOM." Dad yelled with a his. I slipped out the front door with my jacket before I could see the end of that brawl. The morning air was crisp and cool, with a nice misty fog crepping at my ankles. I slipped on the bandana and walked toward the school with much less speed then I was acustom to. My mom was an Alpha of a much less important pack. That is all I know about her, and the bandana is all I have left of her. In reality, even though I never met her, I am probably almost exaclty like her.

             The only reason I am with this hell-hole part of pure Alpha family, is because certain laws. When Eric gets close enough, he will be sent to live with his mother. All male Alphas must, while all girls go with there father. From there, they take over the pack, and from what I know, Eric's mom is from a rival pack of dads. Not good, at all. 

             "You heading to Whiteman?" The voice was shoking and sounded strange against the quite air of morning in small town Alabama.

             "Whiteman High, yeah." I nodded, not bothering to turn around. How the heck did I not hear footsteps, Am I that consumed by my own mind? 

             "Cool." The stranger had sped up his pace to match up to mine. I didn't bother to look at him. "Are you a freshman?"

             "Nope, Are you?"

             "Nope, I am a junior. "

             "Good for you, I guess." I looked at the trees, sidewalk cracks, even the rainstained street. Anywhere but at the human. Right now, my eyes were probably still red from rage from this mornings events. No need to freak this kid out. 

             "I am Xander."

             "Emma." I caught my reflection in a puddle infront of us. Suprisingly, my eyes were the bright blue they should be. "I am a junior also." I added, gaining a smile from the tall human who stood in front of me. Much like human genetics, wolf genetics state that the females are genearly shorter, while the males are taller. But this human, my oh my. He had to be about 6 feet, taking my 5 4 height into account. His black hair was spiked and his skin was perfectly tanned, well as far as I ccould tel. He was wearing a leather jacket, similar to mine, a white colared shirt and red tie that was loosed so it fell a little low. 

             "Nice to meet you. You live on Oak, right?" I nodded. "Well, it sure is nice to meet you neighbor." I smiled.

             "Nice to meet you too, Xander."