•Prologue•

Zayn and I have been best friends since the longest. Literally, I think we were born together. He's the only person I trust, there's no doubt that I would die for him. We know each other's deepest secrets, and when I say deepest, I mean that there isn't a thing that boy doesn't know about me.

We can go from screaming at each other to laughing so hard neither of us can breathe. He would always sneak me out of my house when we were in high school, just to drive around for endless hours talking about random things on our mind. And when I was mad at him, he'd randomly call me and just start singing until I cracked a smile. But whenever he was mad at me, I'd just sneak in his window and smack him with a pillow until he agreed to forgive me.

We can never cook anything without throwing food at each other, either that or we would be too busy singing and dancing to notice that the food was burning. Mother banned us from her kitchen.

Every Tuesday he would come to my house with a bunch of snacks so we could watch Pretty little liars together. Other days, I would go to his so I can watch him in his graffiti room. Or just to hang out.

I guess you can say we're inseparable. We're always there for each other. Every time either of us are upset or angry, we'd bring each other our favorite snacks and just eat them in silence until we're ready to speak. Well that's what he did-I'd just go to his house and randomly lay on top of him.

I remember being the first one he told when he noticed that he had his first chest hair, he was more excited than a guy that won the lottery. I also remember pulling it out when he was asleep. In revenge, he pulled out my first tooth. He claimed that he just wanted to see it, so I showed him, I even wiggled it to prove that it was loose. The bastard ended up yanking it out.

There's a lot of stories I can share about the both of us, like the time we went to Disney World and rode all the kiddy rides or the time we got stuck in Vegas and he ended up walking the entire time with me on his back until we found a ticket home.

Yes I can be a pain in the ass sometimes, but in the end, I love him more than life itself.

Once when we were fourteen, I told him I was moving to Mexico, he cried for hours until I finally told him I was kidding. He didn't talk to me for a week after that.

Everyone always thought that we were more than friends, I mean, who wouldn't assume that when we were as close as we are? We both denied it, although I did have a small crush on him when we were sixteen. But I swear to you, we never did anything, except cuddle. And once we almost kissed, but we both agreed that it only almost happened because it was two in the morning and we both got caught up in the moment.

That was the only time it almost happened. Every other time we were with each other at 2am, we would just lay down and talk about all the adventures we wanted to take and what college we wanted to go to. Eventually we agreed that we would move in with each other while we went off to college, Zayn even made me pinky swear.

So none of our friends were surprised when we announced that we bought an apartment together for our first year of college. Of course though, our parents didn't know. My mom and dad would never allow it, no matter how close we were. It was a big risk, but I guess that's what made our friendship different from others.

Needless to say, I'm grateful for Zain Javadd Malik, the boy born in 1993.