Ezra the Boy

"Ezra, come down! We're not going to wait for you alone!" - the mother's irritated voice rang out from the living room.

Seven-year-old Ezra hurriedly put on a shirt and rushed down the stairs, where his parents were already waiting for him. It was easy to guess from their expressions that they were terribly unhappy with their son's lateness. The frown of his father's eyes rested on Ezra's disheveled hair, which the boy did not have time to put in order properly.

"How many times have I told you, Ezra? You should look immaculate, not like this..." - he waved his hand vaguely in the direction of his son.

Ezra lowered his eyes, his cheeks flushed with shame. He didn't want to disappoint his parents.

"Well..." - sighed Lucia, grabbing the bridge of her nose, - "... anyway, it's time for us to go if we don't want to be late for the celebration".

"Of course, darling" - Gregor smiled at his wife, but the smile disappeared from his face when he looked at Ezra again. - "Try not to be late from now on".

"Yes, father" - the boy nodded his head vigorously.

Ezra skipped after his parents, looking forward to the coming fun.

The main square was full of people talking excitedly to each other and laughing. Children ran among the adults, almost knocking them down and laughing happily. Ezra looked around with wide eyes and kept turning his neck, trying not to lose sight of anything. There was a special excitement among the people because the Wundersmiths were supposed to appear at the celebration today. Of course, no one could miss the opportunity to look at the legendary masters, even though two of them died a few years ago. One new Wundersmith was found only a year ago: it was a girl, the same age as Ezra. He saw her only once when they came to Hallomas, and then at a fairly decent distance. The second new Wundersmith has not yet been found: The Elders and other Wundersmiths searched each cluster, but it has not brought any results yet. But sooner or later he'll show up.

The clock struck noon, and at that moment there was a flash in the square, Ezra even had to cover my eyes from the blinding light. When the sunbeams stopped jumping in his eyes, Ezra gasped when he saw eight people standing in the middle of the square. It wasn't hard to guess that these were great Wundersmiths. They looked majestic, confident, one might say even a little haughty, they clearly knew their worth. Ezra recognized the girl right away. She was wearing a knee-length blue silk dress decorated with flowers, and a ribbon of the same color was woven into her hair. All this emphasized her bright blue eyes, in which sparkled fervent sparkles. She immediately caught his attention.

Ezra frowned, it seemed to him, or something was flickering around them. He rubbed his eyes, but the glow faded only slightly. He wanted to ask his parents if they saw the same thing, but at that moment a woman standing in the very center raised her hands up, her lips whispered something, and various figures appeared in the air: starting from a fiery horse and ending with a phoenix, which scattered into millions of sparks, causing people to applaud and shout enthusiastically. Ezra looked at all this with his mouth agape in surprise.

Each of the Wundersmiths showed something unique, different from the others. The show was completed by the same blue-eyed girl who created a lot of small trees around the square, on which fragrant pink flowers bloomed. The crowd applauded even harder. Throughout the show, Ezra never stopped seeing this golden light emanating from both the Wundersmiths themselves and their miracles. Apparently, he had been squinting at the trees for too long, because when he stopped doing this and looked again in the direction of the Wundersmiths, he saw that the girl was looking at him very carefully, as if studying him. Then she nodded slightly, as if agreeing with her thoughts, and whispered something to the woman who created the fiery figures in the air. She also looked in Ezra's direction with interest. After a few seconds, a smile appeared on her face, she answered the girl something. After that, they talked for some time with people who came to them to express their admiration and pay tribute to them.