Change In Mind.

Change In Mind.

Chapter One.

In ways more than one I wish my life was different. You See, I'm the type of person who needs excitement in their life. Though the problem is, my life is dull. I'm speaking of completely and utterly lame. I live in a small town in the middle of nowhere, with people who all keep to themselves. It's quite aggravating because, you see, I'm a very hyper person who loves a good adrenaline rush.

            I sigh as I continue scribbling a picture of a cloudy sky on my desk. I always draw on my desk and all my school papers because everything that comes out of my teacher's mouths' sound of pure gibberish. Well, in most of my classes. Such as science and Algebra One. I have English and chorus, which aren't hard at the least. Though, I draw on my desk in English despite that fact.

            At the moment I'm in, second period, Algebra One. Which, I despise. For, I dislike everyone in my class. I mean, straight up, they all annoy me. All everyone does is take notes. I mean, no one talks. Well, no one besides myself. I try to start conversations with people all the time, even though I don't care for them that much. I just get so bored, but everyone gives me dirty looks in respond. Meanies, I don't need to talk to them anyways. I can always talk to... myself? Yeah, sure, I won't look crazy at all. Man, who am I kidding? I probably look psychotic right now. Should I care? Yes. Do I care? Hell no.

            Mr. Rumsberg, my Algebra One teacher, cleared his throat and I reluctantly looked up at him with a bored expression. He was probably in his early thirty's but despite being so young he has salt and pepper hair. Mostly white. He raised a questionable eyebrow as his eyes drifted down to my desk. I didn't even make an attempt to cover my artwork, knowing it was too late. He gave a little smirk as he shook his head.

            "Miss Levling, have you copied down any of the notes I've given the class in the past hour?" He asks knowingly. I nodded with a smirk. He looked at me with uncertainty.

            "Come see." I tell him with a shrug. He hesitantly puts down his plan book and walks over to my desk.

            "All I see is your drawings, which, drawing on the desk is against school rules." He says quietly.

            "It is not, liar." I say bluntly and look away towards the door. Through the small window in the door I can see the face of a boy looking into the classroom with a shocked look. I mouthed the words 'save me' and looked towards Mr. Rumsberg then back at the boy in the window with a pleading look. He nodded vigorously and left. I looked back at Mr. Rumsberg with a smirk and pointed to an equation inside a cloud on my desk. "Told you i had the notes." I said with a huge grin. He grunted in annoyance which made my smile widen. He put a purple slip on my desk.

            "From now on take notes on paper not your desk." It was now his turn to grin. I rolled my eyes and stuffed the detention slip in my jacket pocket. "Now class, please turn to page One Thirty-" He started but he was cut off when the boy from in the window a minute ago slammed the door open with Principle Lansford behind him. The boy looked at the room for a second then faltered, but only for a moment. His confidence was back within a second. He turned to the principle.

            "This man was sexually harassing that young girl." The boy told Principle Lansford with no hint of doubt in his voice. The principle raised his eyebrows in shock before looking back and forth between Mr. Rumsberg and me. I made a little innocent, sad face as Mr. Rumsberg looked utterly shocked and offended. The principle looked back at the boy.