The New Beginning

I'm Lyla. My life was going nowhere. I was a terrible person. I used people. I was considered a slut. I hated the way my life was going. I had to leave this place and start fresh. I didn't want to end up like my parents, who abandoned me when I was 5. This is my story.

I moved to Kentucky. I found an apartment that I could afford until I found out what I was going to do with my life. I looked for a college. I hadn't wanted to ever go to college, but that's why it seemed like the best thing to do.

I enrolled. A few days later I got a letter in the mail. I was accepted!! I decided it would be best to live on campus. So I moved in.

My roommate's name was Christina. She seemed pretty cool. She knew the campus pretty well so she showed me around between classes. We had only a few classes together, but it was good to know somebody at least. In the classes Christina and I didn't have together I made a couple of friends. I wanted to be like a ghost for the first few weeks. Just to observe. I tried to seek out people that would be good for me.

Then came my math class. I was horrible at math. It was a complete jumble of numbers and letters that I didn't understand. Christina wasn't in this class.

The teacher was a guy. At first he just seemed like any other teacher, although he was pretty young, and kinda cute.