Chapter 1

It started out like any other day, woke up, brushed my teeth and ate my breakfast. As I was eating I was watching the news with my mom; It was calling for a huge storm in the afternoon. We were used to having lots of rain, so this wasn't a surprise at all. I heard the bus driver beeping the horn, so I kissed my mama goodbye and ran quickly through the little droplets outside. When I got on the bus of course I sat all the way in the front like I always do. I was rushing to finish my homework, as usual. I was up all night reading Little Women, for the hundredth time.

When I stepped off the bus everyone was looking up to the sky. When I was a couple feet away from the bus I was in shock, everyone was. The sky was as dark as night and the clouds were spinning in huge circles. It looked like something out of a movie, it was so unreal. I had a bad feeling this wasn't going to be an ordinary storm and I felt that this would be able to change my life forever.

Moments later the tornado siren went off. The teachers were pushing us all and telling us to go inside. We were all running and screaming, that's all I could hear. When we were all inside we were told to duck are heads near the lockers. But I ran into the bathroom, I knew that would be the safest place. Everything went silent. We were all just waiting, but in a next second it hit the school hard. The door was carried up into the tornado like nothing. I was huddled against the stall, hanging on for my life. I closed my eyes and was praying to survive.