안아줄게

Myungjun rarely asks for anything.
He works hard on his own, keeping things secret until he is ready to share them with the world. Still, a part of him always silently hopes and prays for every little drop of strength others can gift him.

Minhyuk knows it all too well and when he goes to meet him, unannounced, the look on Myungjun's face doesn't lie.

"What are you doing here?", he asks, surprised, escaping the hell of makeup and hairspray he has been under for the last two hours.

"Just checking on my favourite hyung", Minhyuk smiles. "Why? Can't I?"

"But you are so busy!", Myungjun protests. "You didn't have to"

"I sure had. I have missed the filming and every single performance until now, I needed to support you at least once"

"You did-"

"Properly. A tweet doesn't really count"

"It does, for me", Myungjun shrugs, because that is already enough. He can't deny having Minhyuk there is even better, though.

"So my presence here is not necessary?", Minhyuk teases. "Can I go home?"

"Don't even think about it", Myungjun glares at him, bursting out laughing right after. Minhyuk follows him, and it's like it's just the two of them in the room, forgetting everything else.

"You will be great, hyung", he murmurs once they calm down, staring fondly at him. "As always"

Myungjun keeps quiet -too many people around, too many emotions threatening to overflow- but his eyes speak louder than words, full of gratitude.

So Minhyuk watches, cheers and can't help but feeling proud. He waits for Myungjun to slip out of stage clothes and change into more comfortable ones, so visually different and yet not less charming. An endless streak of polite bows before Myungjun can finally reach him, and then it's all chaos again, manager urging them to hurry up and film before they leave for another schedule.

Minhyuk hates how rushed their lives can get sometimes, how they don't even have the time to ask each other how they are feeling. Still, he can't hold back a smile, no matter how hard he tries. Because Myungjun is doing what he likes, in the best way he can and even more; because they are dancing, and there are only a few things Minhyuk loves more than dance; because they can be together, even if only for a couple of hours; because they have all came so far after so many struggles and in the end, it's what matters the most. He can't simply contain his joy, pulling him into a hug that lasts too short, but it's not any less meaningful.

"Thank you", Myungjun whispers, his hold tightening for the briefest second before he faces the camera again.
He is smiling under his mask, eyes turning into crescent moons.

That's all it takes for Minhyuk to know that it will always be worth it.

Notes:

posted on ao3 too