prologue||

A/N: A quick blast into the future hope you enjoy it and decide to keep reading.

Until next time,

// XOXO EstherOgbo//

||Madison POV||

This week has been way too long and to make things worst Zayn has been avoiding me. I don't know what his deal is but he has been acting funny lately. And not regularly "Zayn moody", more like he knows something and is biting his tongue from speaking. I have to find out what's going on, so I make my way to the only possible place I know he'll be at this time, the library. I went straight to the back , and just as I expected Zayn was in his usual spot.

I plopped myself next to him and sigh loudly to get his attention but he was too engrossed in his book to even notice. I turned to face him and just stared at him. Hoping that if I stare hard enough he'll feel my presence. After staring for a couple minute in awkward silence , I realized it was pointless because he was clearly ignoring me.

I sigh again much louder this time, he looks up from his book, looks and me and returns his focus right back to his reading.

Knowing how stubborn he is, I decided to start.

" So...what's wrong?" I asked.

Silence.

"So now you're giving me the silent treatment? Real mature." I said rolling my eyes.

"Yep," he said making sure to pop the 'p'.

"Why?"

He sighed and then said,

"Because it doesn't say 'I'm a therapist talk to me about your issues' on my forehead." He said with anger dripping from each word he spoke.

"Woah, woah, slow down, I never said you were, just wanted to know why you've been acting cold towards me since we returned back from spring break. You know because that's what friends do, or whatever we are?"

"Haha, you think that we are friends?" He asked with mockery fully evident in his tone.

Ouch, so much for sugar coating things.

"Yes. Yes, I do, more than that actually... " I answered trying to hide the hurt radiating from my heart, in my voice from his previous statement.

"Think again because we are nothing close to 'friends', far from that in fact." He said in a matter of factly way.

Just when I thought he was done he continued.

"You're pathetic, do you know that?" he asked rhetorically, at least I think. He wouldn't be so cruel to make me answer that, right?

At this point I don't even know what to expect, we haven't spoken much aside from when we had to present our project, but other than that it's been radio silence, and now when he does speak to me it to tell me off.

Just when I thought he was done, he continued once more.

" You think that just because you're hurt, and I love you that you can use me." He upchucked without even realizing himself what he just said.

Ouch,again a stab to my heart, but wait ,did he just say he loves me?

"Wait...you love love me?" I stuttered still trying to discern what was just said.

"Gosh Maddie, you're such an idiot." he said his voice slightly increasing.

"Unlike you, I wasn't being fictitious with you. No, I'm straightforward, and I've always been, since day one." At this point, he was fully turned, facing me looking through my eyes into my soul. Again he spoke,