What if Ayato Snapped and Reader Helpped him after? (Male Ayano x Reader)

"Ayato..." The black haired man looked down at me, blank gray eyes. "Come here love..." I grabbed his bloody hands as he followed me, head tilted down and eyes trailed on the ground.

  He had blood all over, his top shirt buttons undone and his sleeves rolled up. I had just put the children to bed when I heard the front door open. When I saw him I immediately knew something horrible had happened, he hasn't snapped since high school... when Taeko rejected him...

  He trusted me and told me all about his unhealthy obsessions, his father filled me in on more of what could happen... Including the possibility of him snapping.

  At this point I had led Ayato to our bedrooms bathroom, and started the water for the tub. There was a knock on the door and a small voice came from the other side, "M-mom...? Can I s-sleep with you and dad t-tonight...?"

  "Get undressed and in the tub, love. I'll be right back." I kissed Ayatos cheek before walking over to the door. I opened it and then closed it behind me, when I looked down I was met with almost a exact copy of Ayato. "Come along Sakurai." I picked him up and walked out of our bedroom to the children's.

  "W-why can't I sleep with you...?" His eyes were lined with tears as I kissed his forehead.

  "Somethings come up with Daddy, it's best you sleep here tonight." I moved his blankets and tucked him in, grabbing the brown bear plush off the bottom of the bed. I kissed his head again giving him the bear, "Sleep well, Sakurai."

  I got up as I heard rustling from the other bed in the room, "Mommy...?"

  "Go back to bed, your brother just had a nightmare." I walked over and kissed the other boys forehead as well before leaving the room, quietly shutting the door behind me. I walked back to my bedroom and open the bathroom door.

  Ayato looked away from the wall and over to me, his gray eyes were still void of emotion. I softly smiled when I noticed he had turned off the faucet, at least he's not totally out of it. I grabbed a washcloth and towel, setting the towel by the sink well wetting the washcloth.

  I sat on the toilet and notice Ayato must have been watching me the whole time. Gently grabbing his chin I used the wet washcloth to scrub at his face, to which he promptly grabbed my wrist and pulled away. He was still staring blankly at me as I let out a little laugh, he cheeks dusted a light shade of pink.

  "You need to let me wash your face Ayato." His grip loosened as I grabbed his chin again, holding him still as I finally got his face clean. I tossed the washcloth into the sink and grabbed the bottle of shampoo.

  His eyes were still focused on mine as I focused on massaging the shampoo into his hair. He closed his eyes and leaned his head into my touch, I smiled and kissed his forehead before standing and grabbing the shower head. Rinsing his hair out had much of the same reaction.

  This process repeated until I couldn't see any more blood in his hair, "Wash up as I put your clothes in the laundry." I stood and grabbed the washcloth as I exited the bathroom.

— — —

  I gave him ten minutes before I returned to the bathroom, when I opened the door he had the towel wrapped around his waist as he kinda just stood there. "I brought you some pajama pants and boxers." I said as I set said clothes down, having already changed into my own pajamas.

  "When your ready come to bed love." I kissed his cheek again before exiting the bathroom for the final time that night. As he soon exited the bathroom with his still blank face. I sat in bed reading a new book Ayato had bought me a week ago as he climbed into bed beside me.

  Once under the covers he took the bookmark from its place beside me and stuck it in the page I was reading. "Hey-" He closed the book and placed it on his bedside table, turning back and wrapping his arms around me.

  Ayato laid us both down as he hugged me to his chest, "I love you so much..." My eyes widened at him speaking before I smiled and kissed his jaw.

  "I love you too."