I.

Scooby ears perked slightly up, a low whine was heard from the attic that the grumpy elderly man would offhandedly warn the young pup he would get thrown in if he caused any sort of trouble. He would usually get scolded by his wife, but she was out for the day with the girls. Leaving the pup alone with him, Raggy and Eustace(?). Scooby turned toward the stairs to the attic, his ears perked once more to hear the grumbling of the elderly man, fussing with his paper, as Shaggy and Freddy chatted in the kitchen nearby. 

A soft whine and scratching at the door could be heard from the other side, Scooby leaned his ear to the door to confirm who it was, a whimper escaped and a loud whack of a newspaper being straightened was heard as well as a shout.

"Shut up, ya stupid dog! Bellowed Eustace, followed with a grumble.

Scooby suppressed a growl, turning back to the door, he used his claw to pick and lock the door open, slowly opening it, so it wouldn't creak and give away his position. 

Peeking his head in, ears perking up as he noticed something whimpering and shaking under a blanket. Scooby paws his way to the figure, lifting up the blanket and curling his tail protectively around the smaller dog for comfort. 

Courage curled up further into the older dog, one ear perked up as the other spoke.

"You're a good dog, Courage. Muriel is lucky to have you, and she roves you just like my best friend Raggy does for me." Spoke Scooby, settling down next to the smaller pup.

"If you ever need a home. You have it with us. But, for now just keep going. For Muriel." Murmured Scooby, placing his head over Courage, rubbing his chin against the pup's head in comfort.

"Thank you." Murmurs Courage sleepily, snuggling down further. A smile was on Scooby's face, as he sighed sleepily, falling to a deep slumber with the smaller pup, curled closer to his side protectively.

Shaggy walked down the steps from the attic, waving off Fred's questioning glance, as Eustace mumbled to himself, focused on the tv set than the non verbal conversation passing between the young teens. 

"Eustace! Kids, suppa is ready!" Muriel said, carrying a wooden spoon with her as she poked her head out from the kitchen, signaling everyone to follow.

"Coming! Like you and the girls go in the kitchen, I'mma grab Scoob real quick."

"Maybe it's best you leave 'im be. We'll save leftovers for him. But, he's needed somewhere else, right? Fred replied, gently pushing Shaggy along.

"Mmm, you're right man. Le's go." Nodded Shaggy, heading to the kitchen.

"Where's Courage? Is he alright? Muttered Muriel, her eyebrows knitted in worry. 

"He's fine, ma'am. He's in good paws. Replied Shaggy, laughing at his pun.

"Alright then." Nodded Muriel, smiling from the assurance as she plated the food for everyone. 

In the attic, Scoob could smell the food from the kitchen, kept his place by the pup. Ignoring his sense to come get the delicious smelling food. He curled tighter to the pup, a sigh of relief as Courage stayed sleeping, lulling Scoob once more to slumberland filled with scooby snax and chew toys galore.