What If?

"Did you want that HOMU doll?"

Topaz eyes quickly tore their gaze away from the huggable plush toy as they flicked to the smiling young man. Turqoise iris' glistened with a mirthful amusement as the elder brother pat the girl upon the head.

She turnd her head, nose pointed in the air. "I never said I wanted it, I was just looking around!" The girl puffed her cheeks.

Having his fun, he poked at his younger sister's face as he walked into the store.
"Sure, sure, now come on let's pick out one for Kiana too."

"W-wait but I didn-"

"-Nope!" He continued forth, ignoring the pleading from his sister. She beat upon the back of the laughing Kaslana but to no avail.

"SOLLLLLL!"

.....

"Hmph, you didn't need to get me one too...I'm older than Kiana." Sirin's pouting was hidden behind the plush she hugged, though anybody could tell she loved the gift.

She was just too adorable.

"Only by a year, Sirin." Soleil walked beside the pouting girl as they travelled back home, plastic bag filled with a portable game device, games and another HOMU doll clutched within the other arm of the brother.

"You don't need to ask for a gift. It wouldn't be one otherwise, and I got you the doll because well...your eyes sparkle a certain way when you really want something." Soleil bright grin had Sirin's face aflame, the Squire's observation of the little sister's habits having been noted throughout their life.

.....

It was that fated day, when Sirin fell apart. Her dreams showed her the loving family she craved for, yearned for...

Searching for...

Her heart won over the Will of Honkai's influence, the little girl breaking down in her adoptive mother's embrace, sheltered by her adoptive father's warmth.

When they arrived home, Soleil had stayed wide awake, awaiting for the arrival of his parents whilst he tucked Kiana into bed.

For the longest time, it was a staredown between the silver and purple, curious eyes locked in a contest. Sirin hid away first, shying away from the older brother until-

"-Can we keep her?"

.....

Her nostalgic musings were adruptly cut. Sirens sounded in alert as citizens stood around, hesitant curiosity plaguing their minds. Sirin peeked amongst the crowd of people before clutching her ears shut.

Five very loud gunshots reverberated and sent the herd scrambling to safety, gun barrel still smoking from Soleil's warning shots.

Sirin's annoyed glare peaked his attention.

"What? It got them outta here didn't it?" He smirked, twirling the revolver in his hands before letting it hang beside him, starring down the streets.

The Honkai were coming, and here he was with only a pistol. Ah hell, he'd have to make it work.

"Sirin, go ahead and get home." His firm tone rattled her. Sirin stepped closer to her brother.

"But-"

"JUST GO!"

Two rounds echoed, flying to their targets and shattering the heads of the Chariots roaming the streets. The resounding noise drew attention upon him. The eldest Kaslana thrusted the shopping items into the younger's arms.
Archangels swarmed above, shot down like birds as Soleil took aim, another six shots off before the hammer clicked.