Chapter 1

The sounds of leaves rustling in the trees was interrupted by a blood curdling scream. A scream that could be heard for miles. The scream of someone dying. Xavier took his sword out of the guard's chest. They had been traveling for miles just to find someone spying on them. Dyna stared down at the woman's face which was stained with tears. She had no pity for this woman that her brother had killed. However, she still prayed to her ancestors over her.

"Seriously Dyna?" said her brother with a sigh, "We don't have time for this, we have to keep moving."

Xavier had always been one to never even show a sign of sympathy. When he killed he left the body or hid it. He never once grieved or showed any sign of respect. Xavier and Dyna were total opposites. Xavier was cold-blooded and never took anyone's advice. Dyna always paid her respects and when advice was helpful or needed she took it and gave thanks.

"We can go now." Dyna said as she stole a few pieces of jewelry and a sword from the guard.

They were on their way to Eris. A kingdom of which had been their enemy for generations. The plan was to kill and take over the throne. To do this however Xavier would have to try not to kill anyone and Dyna would have to earn the prince's love and affection. The only catch was that she couldn't fall in love with him. This was a problem as Dyna fell in love quickly and hard. She had so many loves before her kingdom had been destroyed. None of which ever worked out for her.

She covered the body in roses and set it aflame. Once the woman was burned to ash. The group left.

"You always show no pity yet always show respect to the ones you kill." said Louis.

Louis was Xavier's best friend and lover. He's always respectful and responsible. However during a fight his personality quickly changes.

"I don't know, I think it's just a habit." Dyna says as she catches up to Louis and Xavier.

They continued to walk till they reached a little spot in the woods where they set up camp. Louis went to go grab water from a nearby stream while Xavier set up tents. Meanwhile Dyna got lost in thought. the realization was hitting her. She would have to marry and have sex with her enemy. The thought made her nauseas. In order to consummate the marriage she would have to have sex with him. However that could wait. She then remembered she wasn't the only one trying to win his hand. Others were too.

"You okay Dyna?" Xavier says while looking at her.

She must have spaced out again and had an odd look on her face.

"yes, Just thinking about what we'll have to do. We'll get to Eris tomorrow." She said.

"Lets just focus on making him fall for you. Okay? That's our top priority when we get there." said Xavier knowing just by her expression what she was thinking of.

"I got water and filtered it." said Louis carrying their canteens. he handed the two one and then sat down and drank his own.

After they drank some water and ate small bits of dried meat they went to bed, all prepared for what was ahead of them.