prologue

SIN FOR ME

"It doesn't really matter, right?" I asked him, "after all, you're only after me because Manjirou wanted information and I can't give you that. I refuse to take part of this narrative."

He licked his lower lip, a sign that he is getting annoyed, "why are you resisting? I get that you hate me, you hate your father as well. But, wouldn't it be easier if you'll work with me? We could bring him down together."

He and my father hardly differs – both criminals, insensitive, thriving on other people's pain to feel good. I stepped on his ego badly, that's why he wants to even the score,

but I'm sick of people using me for their own benefit.

If only I never knew about how Manjirou asked him to play with me to get some information against my father, I would have stopped resisting by now and just fall back on his bed as he rails me.

But I'm sick of him, I'm sick of everyone!

I clicked my tongue and looked at him, "I'm not mad at you for having that kind of intention, I don't care. Both of us are aware of what this relationship is anyway, the bloodlust one. We just fuck each other and commit crimes to satisfy the anger we hold. But, I'm so sick of people using me for their own benefit. So just leave me alone, okay? You can't get any information from me anyway, I won't do you any good."

I walked away from him but I felt his hold on my wrist, making me look at him. I thought he was gonna say anything, anything. Like, maybe he'd ask me to stay?

I know I said our relationship is purely lust, and it is, except that at times when it's only the two of us, he makes me feel special. Like there's something in between us more than sex and stupid, reckless decisions.

"Okay, take care," he said and I just smiled

I walked away and for once in my life, I felt the pain of being heartbroken

But I did what I had to do.