Seventh Wonder

Always the words spoken when upon your entering: "a place where no one dies or is born. But it's between both."

I'm always so confused on what they mean. No one dies, yet again when I was in the second boundary. What I saw- it proved otherwise. How everyone was turned into a puppet, no- that's not their demise then.

"Soo, what are you thinking." The upbeat voice that belonged to the ghost speaks.

I immediately left my track of thoughts, who knows if i looked lifeless thinking that. "Hey, Hanako. Are there only.. seven wonders or more than that?"

"There can be more depending- however there are supernaturals."
"Hanako, you didn't answer me."

A small sigh escapes his mouth, "I said there can, as of now it's only seven. If depending on the circumstances of the student who died. They can become a wonder of the school."

What was my deal with him again? I don't quite remember why or what it was but I think it was to be remembered.
Wasn't it-? No, wait it was.

To be an imprint upon other's minds, when I'm done with school or for when I'm dead.

I guess it was just my envy for my brother, if I don't become approachable and known to others. It's apparent that all duos must have yin and yang type of structures. For it always is to be some sort of balance, even if the cost is sometimes unfair.

"What I'm wondering is that, why didn't you exorcise any spirits here?"

"Huh?" He caught me off guard, I guess I gained accustomed to befriending the supernaturals and apparitions I didn't care much. "Oh- uh. I guess I had a change of heart." I do truly know my older brother would be looking down on me if he knew this, my younger brother probably too.

"Are you serious? You're the same as the time I met you!" His silhouette glistening in the sunlight, floating midair in front of me.

"Alright fine! I grew normal thinking of apparitions as non-threatening. My older brother is the one you should be asking." I forced myself to fake a laugh, pushing him back a bit.

"You know, you're the first girl who asked for my help in awhile. Yeah, it's been awhile."

"In awhile, I'm taking the guess you mean 15 years?"
"Somewhat. Time is a strange construct, if you ask me."

"Yeah..tell me about it." I turn to look out the window, seeing some people taking photos or gardening based off some clubs that take place.
To my hearing, some sound of footsteps take place walking closer to the both of us.

From normal appearances, I'd say she's a grade below me. Yeah, she looks as if a first year. Her long blonde hair with dyed aqua ends. I could consider her almost captivating or perfect.

I can hear the repetition of her knocking on the third stall, mentioning his name as well.

Is she really going to summon him? Do tell me she isn't just wishing to be in his presence to see if he's really in existence. Or she really does have a wish. Its hard to tell the difference in some people these days.

It's almost the same; like those who spread the rumors but never tried it out.

In the next few seconds which she got frightened by him, it took a lot of my willpower not to laugh. She must've forgot my presence cause even I scared her with my silenced laugh.

Seeing her jump back and a yell in return I hastily see if she's alright given all the shocks from Hanako-kun himself.

"W-wait! How can you see Hanako?"

"Ehh it's sort of my wish is in motion right now."

They start getting to know of one another and the girl looks at me,"So- uh who are you then?" Her big amber eyes stare at mine.

"Oh, I'm quite surprised you asked. But anyways, hi I'm Minamoto Kio."
"M-Minamoto? Hold on are you?"

"Yeah, I have a sibling here." I start to rub the back of my neck and make an awkward smile.

I almost see a light beam in her eyes, as if I'm a piece of hope she needed. Well, besides Hanako of course.
She obviously knows who he is.

A memory flashes back in my mind:
When I summoned Hanako myself, almost being as startled as Yashiro was.

As well to how stupid I thought those match making scales would work.

Hopefully, she doesn't make the same mistake. Cause then. She'll have to be a peasant to the mermaid. Hanako probably won't be able to help as much as he can on my account. I also don't wish for the curse I have, the water reactivity- most peskiest bit of it.

No one should doubt themself for someone they like.

At least the only good thing is that I don't have to worry to much about my brother. Yet again he's the one Yashiro has her eyes set on.

The bell went off, passing period was over. It was time to return to classes. Both of us walking out. "So- what does he like to do in his free-time? What are his hobbies? Oh and what are his favorite foods?" Her words rambled off onto another, so if this what people consider: word vomit?

I'm her main source of information and she's trying to get everything. "Well- for starters. Try to take the possibility he has a girlfriend.. or a boyfriend."

"Oh, yeah.." Her voice trails off from saying that, her head looking down. I could tell her spirit was broken.
"But don't worry. I'll let you know if he has a partner, alright?"

"Yeah, sure!" She takes a turn to her class, "see ya this afternoon or tomorrow!"

"I'll see you later.." I look at the clock, and run up the stairs to my classroom.

—~~~~After school~~~~—

I'll be truthful. If you were to say I'd be friends with an apparition and clean the school bathroom for it last year. Yeah I'd tell you you're insane. But here I am, cleaning it as time etches away.

Then hearing footsteps come our way from daikon girl? Isn't that what Hanako nicknamed her? Honestly why call her a daikon, she's perfect.

"I tried everything you told me! Nothing worked at all!"
"Yeah I noticed."

"Wait, what did you have her do?"

"I forgot, can't say. If you read the book then it'll work." He sounded as if he was singing this. I'm starting to get annoyed at him myself- what was she doing to gain his attention?

"Alright, I'll answer your questions over messages so we can talk out of school. As well you'll know what to say to him."

"Really? Oh my god Kio, you're such a life saver!" A huge smile plasters on her face as she jumps into my arms for a hug.

"What's this for?" Her warm body on mine, this felt nice. I could stand her hugging her for awhile, I don't always get this treatment. It's comforting