Chapter 1: Roses

The air was humid and fresh after the recent downpour of rain that  washed all the greenery in the area. Walking towards a flower shop named  simply 'Roses' was a towering wolf watching any puddles that littered  the pavement as he passed by.

It took him a lot of willpower to  simply not jump in the puddles like some little pup, but with the few  animals here and there, he would surely get them wet with his  shenanigans. 

The tall animal got looks of worry from any  herbivores in his general vicinity, doing double takes on his distant  back. This was a usual occurrence for the honestly frightening wolf  where his looks did not match his personality in the slightest.

Could  you blame the poor animals though? The wolf even had a large scar,  three bear marks over his right eye. A scar that could cause many  assumptions to rise with one look.

He didn't let the grave or  worried expressions bother him, he was all too used to it. Being a large  carnivore while owning a flower shop would do this to you. Nobody  expects that type of animal to be running a peaceful setting such as  dealing with flowers.

Arriving at the doorstep of his shop, he  pulled out the key that was in his pocket that would let him through to  start the day off. While doing so, he noticed that the flowers he had  displayed outside to entice any new customers were watered from the just  occurred weather.

Guess the wolf already had a task done before he even stepped through the door.

Gently smiling to himself after realizing this, he entered the place where he spent most of his hours.

The  view of hanging plants matched with multiple displays of flowers  littered the building ranging from various colors and types.

The  wolf breathed in deeply, his overly sensitive nose from being a canine  picked up more than a dozen different types of fragrances making it  overwhelming but calming.

Making sure not to topple any display  over or bump into any hanging plants which would meet their doom by  connecting to the floor, he made it to the back where a gifted apron  from Jack laid hooked onto the wall.

The front of it had multiple  flowers spread across it, leaves and stems twisting and turning from  them making a design. But the reason why it was picked out specifically  for the wolf was from the small beetles that was crawling throughout the  stems.

It was hooked by the cash register where he would make  several exchanges and covering some of the different types of bugs that  laid on steel shelves that laid behind the desk.

Taking the apron and putting it on with haste admiring his 'pets' or other merchandise is what you could call it.

His  fascination with the little critters is what sealed the deal for the  carnivore to have his own shop, combining his top two interests.

The  wolf then went back to the front to flip the sign over from 'closed' to  'open' to inform any passerbyers to know that 'Roses' was now open. The  wolf needed the customers too, doing the task as soon as he could.

Behind  the desk that held the register was a door that lead to the storage  area where he kept the extra flowers, equipment, and really anything  else that could fit. After going inside and grabbing a watering can, the  wolf started to water most of the plants to keep them healthy and  fresh.

Doing a few more tasks that needed to be done, the most  exciting one was sweeping from finding a daddy long legs near the corner  which the wolf had a pleasant conversation with, the bell that was held  up above the door ringed signaling a customer entered the building.