The Flower Boys Message.

Have you ever met the flower boy? The type of boy who comes with what you need not what you want and the type of boy that never expects anything in return? Have you ever met such a boy? I have, and he is quite the peculiar creature. I met him in spring when the flowers were at their peak of beauty. The colorful scenery made his warm colors stand out more. His eyes and hair were as brown as milk chocolate, his eyes glistened so beautifully in the sun. His pale skin made him look sweet and delicate. He was quite the sweet lookin thing. But every once in a while when you looked in his eyes you could see that he wasnt the innocent flower boy he seems to be. His eyes were shiny and bright but not from happiness but from the tears he had shed before, and the flower boy's almond shaped eyes were always shaded with a slight pink tone around them because of it.

He found himself in love with flowers, their delicate petals and scents brought him peace and tranquility. The day I met him he seemed a bit down. I was in my house getting ready to make lunch and I heard the sound of jingle bells and as I looked out my window I saw a boy walking in my direction. The closer he got the more the sound of the bells became soft. He was so nice to look at. I found myself just watching him walk towards my house as he carefully watched the flowers around. He stops a little ahead of my house and crouches down to see some flowers and starts picking one of each color. But there was one flower he tried getting but couldn't as it was too far. I was confused on why he didnt just step on the flowers to get the red one a little farther so I went out. He seemed to be startled. He must have not seen me lookin through the window. I walk towards him and say Hello. I smile at him and he smiles back and says in a soft tone Could you get me that rose in the center there? and he points at the red flower. I give him a confused look and a nod. I got on my knees and was able to reach the flowers without hurting any of the others. I go to hand him the flower and he asks Do you know what flowers represent? What does each one mean? I pull my hands towards me with the red flower in my hands still. No, I don't think I do.

He looks at me a bit sad and sits on the floor with his legs crossed and he says while looking at the flowers he has, Well you see each flower has its purpose to achieve. For example this Red one Is called Aster standing for patience. This light blue one is called Hydrangea and it stands for heartfelt, and this Pink one is called Alstroemeria and it stands for friendship and devotion. Each one is very important to cherish but do you know which one is the one you are holding? I look at the red flower in my hands and I shake my head while saying No, Im sorry I only know its name. he stands up slowly and smiles, "That's okay. The rose stands for love.

I pause for a second and then I ask him Is that why you wanted the rose? Because of what it represents? he nods and he then looks at the flowers in his hands and hands me the pink one. Here take the Alstroemeria. You seem to need it. I took it carefully as I didnt want to break it and then he said Do you look at the flowers you have? I look at the rose and at the Alstroemeria. I took a bit to look at them and whispered Love, friendship and devotion. The flower boy smiles and I respond Yes, I really like them. But if Im honest the rose has hurt me a couple of times already and Im not sure I want it. His smile goes away and his eye water and a darker shade of pink surrounds them. He takes my hand and says The rose is a beautiful flower but it comes with its own protection, its thorns, it hurts you in order for its beauty to be untainted. But just because it hurts it doesnt mean you should give up on the rose. You should try and try again until you find the one that doesnt hurt you as much as it will always come with hurt. You just have to hold on and never give up. He let go of my hand and I looked at his hand and it got cut by the flower's thorns. Here. Have this. You seem to need it more than I do. I want you to take the rose. He then looks at me astonished Really? he asks as he hesitantly takes the rose. He looks up at me and with tears dropping from his sweet delicate eyes and takes rose. He puts his hand on my cheek and says Thank you. The flower boy then starts to walk down the hill. I wondered if I would ever see him again. I look at the flower in my hand. The Alstroemeria and smile. It was exactly what I needed. After that day I didnt see the flower boy. Just as gracefully as he came he left. Only leaving me with his friendship and devotion...what more could I ask of him.