Wish To Switch

Wish to Switch

~Jennifer~

I stare at myself in the mirror. I am very pretty with my blonde hair and lips to die for, I am a goddess. I am Jennifer Taylor, the most popular girl in school and every guys wants me. I am, no doubt, the most prettiest girl in town. I’m gifted and perfect, unlike every other unfortunate nerds at school.

I hear a soft knock at the door and it must be Rosa the maid. “Breakfast is ready, miss.”

I groan and snap at her. “Not now,Rosa, can’t you see I am trying to find any pores in the mirror? And I told you before, I am on a diet, I don’t eat. Now scoot out of my room!”

Rosa is still there at my door. “Miss, your father left a note and it says you have to have your breakfast.”

I slam my hands down the table beside me and turn to glare at her. “Let me guess, dad’s not home, as usual?”

“No, miss, he did not come back last night and left a note before she went out with your dad. She told me to tell you she’ll be back at 8 tonight.”

I roll my eyes. “Typical of him. “Why didn’t you tell me earlier?”

“You went out last night miss.” She answered. Oh yes, it was Kate’s party. I was drunk and Josh took me home, and then dump my ass, I remember that.

My mother died in an accident so it’s just me and dad. He’s not always home. Too busy at work, I guess. We don’t communicate much.

“Well, I on a strict diet and I am not eating so tell dad I ate, just to save your ass from scolding.” I shruggedd.

“Very well, miss. Your car has arrived. Martin  is waiting outside for you.” SaidRosa and went off. Martin is my driver, as long as he listens to where I want to go, then he’ll be fine. If not, I’ll make sure dad fires him.

I get downstairs and climb into the car. School is a boredom, it’s a prison for students.

When Martin drop me off at school, everyone’s talking about me. I am a total babe at school. Everyone adores me and wants to be me because I am gorgeous and a total guy magnet. Martin drove me to school early, which I hate. I mentally curse him. I hate being in school early.

“So, I heard the rumors that Josh Watson dumped Jennifer Taylor at Kate’s party last night from Ellen. Is she right, ‘cause sometimes I don’t really believe what she says?” the girl, I think her name is Amy said, not realizing that I am actually here. Amy is in the not popular and not unpopular kind of group. I think her friend, Ellen, talks too much,

The other girl say. “Maybe Ellen is right. I saw Jennifer crying and leaving Kate’s party drunkenly. I think Jennifer’s a bitch and deserves that. Josh deserves better. He’s so hot”

My blood boils. How dare a shallow, low-classed girl bitch about me like that? She’s not even pretty.

“Well, bitch, just so you know I didn’t cry and I dumped him and he wouldn’t want to date an ugly, stuck up loser like you. Have you look in the mirror lately?”, I snapped at the other girl. She looked shocked to see me. I give her a watch-out-I-can-ruin-you stare. Anyone who ever bitches or do anything to offends me, trust me, I’ll make her life a living hell, just like what I did to a girl, Maya, last year. The lezzo bitch who tries to knock me down.

I turn and walk away from the girls. They’re no one. I can just ruin their reputation in just a snap. Josh walks past me and he totally ignores me. I can’t believe that! After all the hours we spend together and I am now nothing? I hate him now and if he wants me back I am going to dump in and say no. Okay now I love him and I want him back so bad. I did cry the whole night last night and at Kate’s party.

Now I can see the loser walking past me. Jessica. She is ugly with full of zits and dresses like my great grandma.

“Pizza face!” I call out. “Are you too poor to afford pimple cream, freak?”. She just look down and continue to walk. That’s what she does.

~

 ~Jessica~

School has ended. The first thing I did when I got home was looking at myself in the mirror, I feel disgusted. My face is so oily with zits. My copper brown hair is untamed and the only thing I like about myself is my eyes but I am still ugly. Mom says I am pretty and that’s because I am her daughter. I feel ugly. Jennifer Taylor’s right, I am ugly. I have a pizza face.

The door flies open and its mom and dad, with my little sister and a birthday cake. Yes, its my birthday.

“Happy sixteenth birthday, darling!” Mom hugged me tightly. “Oh, my baby has grown up so big! I miss the time when you pooped everywhere on the floor and suck the pacifier!”

I try to smile while mom is suffocating me with her huge bear hug. “Mom, I am not a baby, anymore.”

She release me and wipe a fake cry and say. “I know, but I wish you were, honey.”

“Haggy Beefday, Jessie!” My four years old sister said, hugging me. Mom and dad were smiling.

“Now, its time for my birthday girl to blow her candles and make a wish.” Dad says. He didn’t give me a hug because he’s holding the cake.

I love my family and were having a mini birthday party in my room.

“Make a wish, sweetheart.” Dad said. Putting the cake on the table, the candles are already lighten up.

“Make a wish!” said Jamie, my sister. I close my eyes and breath in.

I wish, this year, would be a special year. I want people to like me, I want to be as popular as Jennifer Taylor and as pretty as her.

I open my eyes with a smile on my face and blow all the sixteen candles. My family cheered. I hope it is going to be a good year. I hope and wish it will be.

“Now, unwrap your present.” Dad said. Handing me my present that is wrapped up in a bright orange wrapper. I know my touching it, it’s a book. I tear the wrappers. It’s a new copy ofWhuteringHeightsby Emily Bronte.

“Since you’ve lost your favorite book we’ve bought you a new one. Its hardcover.” Mom said.

“Mom, dad. Thank you, I love it.” I said, smiling at them. I love it even though it’s a book. I love reading.

“And another one!” Dad handed me a blue box. I unwrap it. It’s a phone! A new phone! Finally, I have my own phone!

“Mom! Dad! This is the greatest present ever! Thank you!” I hug them. I feel so happy. “I love you so much.”

Mom and dad smile. They’re the only one who tells me I am pretty if I accept myself. “I love you, too, Jessica.”

We ate the cake, took some pictures, and talk about today the whole night. I cleaned up the mess in my room. For the first time, I can sleep well.

___

Jennifer Taylor is at the side -->