For Two!

Kin has downed his 3rd glass of wine. One more and he'll succumb to anger from intoxication and forget this evening ever happened.

Leave in a silenced rage, a couple of heavily-trodded steps, but nothing too loud and visible. He's still aware he's in a restaurant. A premium, fine-dining one too.

It was supposed to be a big celebration. They made a wager that if they get to the university they wanted, they'd dine in that expensive restaurant again, and order everything their little hearts desired.

But the fucker must've forgotten they were even supposed to meet up.

His texts of;

"I'm here."

"I'm here where the fuck u at?"

"Asshole you better..."

Are left unread.

He locks his phone and drops it on the table facing down.

"Sir, would you like another glass?"

"Umm-" Kin starts to say, one finger up in the air but suddenly, just out of the corner of his eyes, so suddenly and oh so slowly, it seemed like time stopped.

He sees long, cladded strides. Black, polyester.

And his eyes rove up to a cream-colored shirt that looks light and comfortable and warm and fit just right.

And Soft, dark locks as a cherry on top.  On top of the prettiest face, he ever laid his eyes on.

Beautiful, striking, soft, and fierce. All in one pretty- correction- beautiful man.

"Hey, babe. I'm sorry I'm late. Did you wait long?"

The pretty man says and leans in for a kiss on his cheek then takes the seat across him on the table.

On his burning left fucking cheek.

"Ummm-"

Kin unintelligently responds.

The pretty man chuckles and softly pinches his cheeks saying, "you don't have to act so surprised to see me all the time babe. That joke can only work so many times."

Then looks at the waiter still awkwardly bent down beside the table.

"You know what I mean?"

"Yes sir. I don't blame your partner tho. Excuse me." Then bows and walks away to give them privacy.

"Hi. I'm PP. I'm sorry to pop out of nowhere. I just think that your partner is an asshole for standing you up."

"Ummm. Ahh- it's no. I'm"

"I was sitting there by the booth and I noticed you've been alone since I got here. I'm sorry I didn't mean to assume you were waiting for someone. I'm sorry. I better-"

"No. No, you're right. My FRIEND stood me up. We were supposed to meet here and celebrate getting into college and everything but I think the fucker forgot to- oops I'm sorry. Please excuse my language"

The pretty man named PP shakes his head dismissively and waves his hand in a slow flicking manner. Like a slow stroke on still water creating tiny ripples on the-

"I'm sorry I zoned out. Umm, where was I? Oh yeah. He uh- he. Stood me up. My friend. Not a partner. My asshole friend."

"Okay. I  get it. Your friend stood you up. But now there seems to be another problem." Pp pouts.

Kin hears his mind churn and his mind cogs working to say-

"There were two problems?"

"Yeah."