1. "Please come back to me"

(Based on after the end of 4x04)

It has been months since Hope left the school after turning and switching her humanity off. She left by attacking Josie's father,Alaric. And then leaving him in a coma. That's where he still is now. In the hospital basically brain-dead.
The squad has tried so many times to reach or search his mind to get him back but they all failed.
On one hand Lizzie is spiraling downwards because of Alaric not being here and on the other, Josie's spiraling because of Hope on the loose and her not being here for them/her.
For the last couple weeks (ever since Hope had left) Josie has been in and out of the library researching and exploring the history of the humanity switch, how to get it back on etc. Unfortunately, she found nothing that she didn't already know.
Nearly everyone in the school has given up on Hope entirely by just going through with their usual lives. The only people who weren't going to give up on Hope is Josie and Mg.
But to be completely honest, only Josie.Josie was and is willing to do absolutely anything for her.
Right now, she doesn't really know why, but she has always known that she would do anything for Hope, and she still does to this day.

Josie was finally hit by an idea. This idea was an awful thought but Josie thought it was definitely worth any shot she thought of.
Her idea is to try and confront her.
Right there, standing right in front of her beautiful face. Telling her the truth about.. everything. Anything that could possibly try and being her back. That could be family, friends the school. Josie has no idea what it was that she would have to bring Hope back with.
Along with all the other things she has done to try and help Hope, Josie has tried multiple times this week with all different kinds of locater spells to try and find her specific location. But no answer.

After having the crazy thought about going to help Hope, Josie once again, tried to locate Hope. She could be anywhere right now. Doing anything. But none of that was on her mind. Only how to help Hope.
She just had set up her spell when the blood on the map was starting to run across the parchment. It went down south a bit until it come to a sudden stop.
But Josie definitely saw where she was l
staying. New Orleans, her childhood home. Where her family lives.
Josie was sort of excited because the spell finally kind of worked. She started her to pack up things when Lizzie strolled into the library walking past her.
As soon as she sees the map and blood on the counter - top, Lizzie knows exactly what Josie is doing. Lizzie makes a snarky comment saying
" what are you doing? Our father is in a coma, and you're more worried about the person who put him there?!"
*lines from 4x06*
"Dad wouldn't want us to give up on Hope. Remember, we made a promise. Which your obviously not sticking to." Josie snaps at Lizzie. Lizzie replies with,
"Oh fine, carry on. I don't really care." Josie definitely knew Lizzie didn't give one thought about saving Hope.

She went back to packing up her things and left the school in the bright blue, iconic car. She was driving nonstop for around 10 hours when she was getting to New Orleans.
Josie has always loved the culture in New Orleans. The parties, the lights, the food and the decorations. It all made her so happy. But everything
that made this the place is just gone. No lights to make it brighter, no noise to make it loud and no wandering humans to add culture. It was too quiet. Too quiet for the usual.

Josie is wondering where all the excitement has gone, until it all comes back. Hope. She is the reason this city has lost its exhilaration.
Josie's mind didn't care about that, her overloaded mind was only set on finding and trying to save Hope. She knew it
would be hard because of all the stories she had read on the humanity switch.
She's fully devoted to doing anything to get Hope back.

She's wandering the dead streets looking for any souls, but there is none. Absolutely no one.
Josie was a bit scared of the silence but she just kept walking until she turns a corner. She were lots of people around  there. Dead people.
Josie was aghast by the image, But she knew exactly who caused it. As the thought came to her, Hope appears in front of Josie. Covered with a bright crimson liquid all over her face. Looking sort of content with the scene she made.

Josie finally speaks up. "Hope, are you okay?" her voice is trembling.
"Oh I was fine, but now you're here. More the merrier." Hope says with a smirk. Her eyes turn a rich gold colour with dark, black veins running down her face. But Josie knew Hope would NEVER hurt her. Even if she had no humanity or feelings. She just wouldn't. Josie wasn't afraid to stand up to Hope. "I know you're not going to hurt me!" Josie yells at Hope.
"How do you know that?" Hope replies evilly. "I don't know, I just do!" Josie blurts out. She also just starts saying anything that comes to her mind.
"Hope I know you're in there! Come on. Please fight it!" Her voice is starting to shake and tremble. She begins to cry, because the whole sentence Hope shows no emotion. No change in expression. Nothing. Josie really thinks she has lost her.

Josie is now crying hysterically, she then falls to the ground on her knees in despair. Feeling the loss of any Hope.
(Pun intended)
"Hope p-please..come back to m-me!" Josie could hardly even get any words out.
"Please come back, we need you....
..I-I need you!"
Hope comes down to Josie's level, and stares into the brunettes eyes.
Josie couldn't look back into the auburn's eyes. Then she whispers
"I need you to c-come back because...
..I-I love you"
Even Josie herself was astonished by what words started falling out of her mouth.
Hope also has her eyes widened, looking into Josie's. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. She also couldn't bare the sight of Josie sat in front of her crying her eyes out. Until Hope
took a long blink in her ocean blue eyes, That caused something huge to happen to Hope.

Two extended seconds of utter silence, Hope begins to sob while saying "Jo.."
and she falls into Josie's open arms and onto her shoulder. Josie says "it's okay, I got you."
As Josie's calming down, Hope is still crying hysterically, while Josie whispers
"I love you so much Hope, I really hope I've got you back."
Josie felt like a part of her has always loved Hope. Even when they were just little kids. They both sat there for around another five minutes until Hope muttered "I love you too" very quietly.
Josie thought she was dreaming.
Hope couldn't believe she actually said it as well.
Josie rubs Hopes smooth auburn hair to keep comforting her.
Then they touch their foreheads together and Hope says "you never really lost me."
Hope slowly leans away and gets up.
So does Josie.
"I know I didn't." Josie explained.
Now they are both on their feet, calmed down.

They continue to stare into each other's eyes deeply before their faces start to close the distance between them. Josie cups Hopes face and their lips touch each other's. It felt like the happiest and saddest day all at the same time
Hope runs her dried - blood covered hands through Josie's brunette hair. They were minutes into it as the weather began to change.
There is drops of water falling down upon them when Josie pulls away. "Uhh.. should we go?" "Just wait, it'll clear up" Hope replies excitedly.
Then the rain began to pour down on them as they are kissing. Causing their smooth hair to become wet and their whole bodies too.
"I love you too much to lose you again." Josie mumbles "I know" Hope says back.

———————————

A/N: really hope you like it. This idea literally came to me randomly 😭 and then the rain kiss came to me at the ending 🥰 Enjoy :)