Yang Jungwon : Let Me In

Theme: Childhood love.

Playlist: Perfect- Ed Sheeran

"Oh, I never knew you were the someone waiting for me,
'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love"

It had turned into another one of those evenings. A sob could be heard around the small neighborhood in Seoul, Korea which a couple young adult who usually hang out together after their class at a small rented apartment.

Yang Jungwon, a 19 year old guy, refused to complain, no matter how much it tore him. Instead, he focused his entire attention on Nam Haewon, his best friend since childhood who was just getting ready to leave his apartment after tons of whining and complaining. 

"I'm really sorry to bother you again," she was saying, and he made himself pay attention. "I didn't think it would happen like that..." One of her hands wiped at teary eyes again as she headed for the door.

Enough was enough.

How many times had she come to him like this, crying and angry? He'd lost count over the last several months, and he'd had his fill of it. Or perhaps it would be more accurate to say that he was tired of watching his best friend fall apart. He wanted to grab her by the shoulders and shake her and make her see what was actually going on.

Nam Haewon broke up for the 5th time this past three months. And that was a record that Yang Jungwon never understands. He wondered if his best friend was just desperate or lonely or that could be both? He sighed.

He finally let himself speak up.

"Haewon," Jungwon said, feeling his tenuous hold on his temper finally start to slip.

"Maybe if you knew exactly what you wanted and went after it, you wouldn't wind up with so many losers who just break your heart."

There, he'd said it. Now to brace himself for the reaction. Nam Haewon gasped.

It came.

Her head snapped around to glare at him; her eyes blazed with fury through her tears.

"Yang Jungwon, how dare you?" she hissed. "It's none of your business, you have no right to—"

"How is it none of my business?" he snapped back.

"Every single time one of those miserable asses hurts you, you come here. Every freakin' time you get your heart broken, I'm the one who picks up the pieces and sends you off to the next loser. Hell, if anything, it's my fault because I keep letting you go!"

Haewon slapped him. Out of nowhere.

Haewon stiffened herself. She held her breath almost for like 5 seconds and finally came to realize what had she done.