The drunk calling

Taylor's pov

 It was 4 am when my phone lit up in the dark. It started buzzing as if someone was calling me nonstop. I reached my nighstand still half asleep and, to my complete surprise, the caller ID read Harry Styles. 

 "Harry? Why are you calling me? Do you know what time it is?" I was cofused.

 "I'm sorry, I just really wanted to hear your voice!" He sounded drunk.

 "Are you drunk?" I asked already knowing the answer. 

 "Maybe" he was trying his best to sound sober, but really there was no other reason why he would be calling me in the middle of the night. I can't say that was the first time it had happened though. "Can we talk? I'm driving straight to your place." I could hear the sound of a car's door closing followed by a beeping noise, he probably forgot to put his seatbelt on. Wait, the last thing he should be doing in that moment was driving while being drunk!

 "Don't, you're definitely not in a condition to drive anywhere right now! Stay where you are!" I was starting to get mad, when did he become so irrational?

 "I don't care, I need to talk to you!" He was putting so much effort in trying not to stumble on his words.

 "Wait, where are you? I'll meet you there,just please don't drive!" I didn't know what else to do. If something really bad happened because I didn't stop him, I would never be able to forgive myself.

 "At a bar, I don't know how I got here" Great, he couldn't even tell where exactly he was, how was I supposed to guess?

 "I need your localization, or else I won't know how to find you. Can you please send it to me?" I was trying to be polite so he would do what I was telling him to.

 "Yeah, I'll be waiting for - " He didn't even finish what he was saying and just hung up. I was getting into my car when Harry messaged me the adress. At this point I had already stopped reasoning. Couple minutes later, I arrived at his location and didn't strugle to recognize his car parked in the back of this dead bar. Everyone seemed to had left but him. Why was he sabotaging himself like that?

 "Harry? It's Taylor. Open the door!" He was sleeping in the backseat of his car and was definitely not hearing me. I knocked on the window's car only to discover the door was open this whole time. I got into his car and he was still sleeping. I searched for the keys and found them on the floor. I didn't really try to wake him anymore, it would only make things more complicated. I also didn't try to put him in my car, I just decided it would be easier to drive him home in his own car. I didn't really have a plan nor I knew what I was doing.

 "Taylor?" He called me as if he was starting to wake up. It turns out he was only dreaming because that was all he would say. I felt kinda relieved, I mean I didn't know what to tell him if he was awake. We got into his house and I oppened the gates with the control I found in his pocket. As soon as we got inside, I panicked. I guess it hit me that I was in my ex boyfriend's house parking his car with him drunk sleeping in the backseat. I was freaking out so badly, that was when I decided to call Niall.

 "Taylor? It's really late. Is everything okay?" He seemed confused.

 "I know, I'm sorry. I didn't know who else to call. Are you in New York?" 

 "Yes, what happened?" He was now worried enough to not sound sleepy anymore.

 "It's a long story. Harry called me drunk and I drove to the bar thinking something bad could happen if he was to drive wilhe being drunk. I'm in his place now and he is sleeping in the backseat of his car while mine is still in the bar, I need someone to drive me there. I could only think of you Niall." The whole situation was so messed up that I was the one sounding drunk in that moment.

 "I'll be there in five!" I let out a sigh of relief.

 A few minutes later...

"I came the faster I could. Where is he?" Niall said rushing on his words.

 "Still sleeping. Thanks for coming!" I really couldn't thank Niall enough for doing this.

 "No worries, I'm sorry he called you! I hope you don't get in trouble for driving him here" He was now opening the door's car to find a very drunk Harry Styles. "God, why would he get wasted like that?" That's what I kept thinking the whole ride, but I didn't want to sound rude so instead of roasting Harry I suggested "Let's carry him to his bedroom so he can rest properly!"

 "I'm not sure if this is a good idea. Maybe you should stay in the car so I can wake him and he can walk. We wouldn't have success on carrying him upstairs anyways. I think it's best if he doesn't know that you are here right now, because he would probably say stuff that you don't want to hear." Niall was right, he truly was. I stayed quiet in Niall's car while he managed to wake Harry guiding him upstairs so he wouldn't fall. He came back after a while.

 "He is now sleeping safe in his bed thanks to you Taylor!" I took Niall's words as Harry's since he himself wasn't in condition to be thankful in that moment.

 "Do you think he will remember all of this tomorrow?" I asked with concern in my voice.

 "It's hard to tell, we'll have to wait until tomorrow!" Niall started driving the car.

 "You're right" I didn't want Harry to remember. It sounds crazy hoping that someone's memory fail, but Harry would probably feel very guilty and I don't wish him regretting his actions. I was in a happy relationship with Joe and I didn't really need my ex calling me to apologize over and over again. My mind was running wild and my thoughts were all over the place. I didn't even realized we had already arrived in the bar.

 "Is that your car?" Niall pointed  to the only car parked in that bar's parking lot.

 "Yeah, it is. I'm sorry for involving you in all this by the way!" I meant it.

 "No worries buddy! I'll let you know how things play out tomorrow" Niall glanced a smile at me "Feel free to call me whenever you need me again!"

 "I will, thank you!" I glanced a smile at him back and walked out of his car and into mine. I drove home and went back to my bed as if nothing had happened. I laid down and started wondering if I should tell Joe about this night when he is back from shooting his new movie, but i'm afraid he would not like to know that my ex boyfriend called me drunk. I was just really tired and couldn't avoid sleeping.