PROLOGUE

A dream...

Please, be a dream...

PLEASE!

***

"Claude! Over here!" A slightly pitched voice called me. I had to stop what I'm doing just to see her. 

As soon as I looked from where the voice is coming from, I saw a girl with her wavy hair, waving and smiling at me. I put my books down and put them in my bag before leaving my sit to cross the road and go to the shop she's in. 

I can't believe this girl, she has a loud voice despite our distance.

I sat in front of her, putting my bag aside. 

"Have you heard the news?" Meet JC, my best friend. She's my source of information, and happenings I'm not aware of. As expected. She's gonna talk to me about her latest chikas, and brewing cup of tea. Between the two of us, she should be the journalist. 

"What news?" I asked, completely unaware of what she's talking about.

"There's a massacre that happened in the Playground?" As soon as I heard it, my eyes widen a bit and my mouth formed into an 'o'. 

"Haven't heard of it, can you tell me more?" I asked as soon as I recovered.

"Myghad, you don't know? That playground is just a block away from your house." She sipped on her iced coffee like I drained her energy because I don't know it.

"Well, I am soo sorry? I'm busy reading my books," I pointed at my bag. "And I'm locked up in my room, doing my research paper." She shrugged as she hear my explanation. 

"Life of a law student," She whispered, it's about me. "Back to what I'm talking about..."

***

They said, at exactly midnight, the blood was shed. Why midnight? No one knows. 

You might be wondering how come there are still people in the playground at midnight, but the truth is, no one knows, too. 

Oh, how many of them are executed? There are over 50 individuals, the killer or killers, doesn't care even if it's a baby, a teen, an adult, or even grandmamas and papas.

Am I telling the truth? Maybe, maybe not. But this is based on the news.  

The killer is still not identified. The detectives said they don't know if it's a group, an organization, or just one person. But I doubt that. There's no way 50 people will have no chance against one. 

I won't tell you any more details, since it's too gory, and you know how much I hate those. If you want to know more, see it for yourself.

***

IT'S BEEN minutes since JC told me about the story. She already left the shop but I'm still here, dumbfounded. 

50? Babies? Oldies? How come... and what's their agenda? Are they doing this for fun? They said that the people there are not related, some even are from another town. Are they forming a ritual or something?

Whatever that is, I have to talk to my friends about this, maybe we can help unleash the truth and serve justice.