Day 1 | Camping |

▕ Thurs, 1:56 PM▕   

D: ✆ "Hmm, Ken, are you up for a trip this Sunday with Mikey and                                                               Matt 

 K: ✆ "This Sunday? I don't mind." 

  D: ✆ "Good, good! We would've forced you either way haha." 

  K: ✆ "Rude, that'd be attempted kidnapping." 

  D: ✆ "It isn't in my book. Anyways, see you Sunday dude!?

  K: "Sure thing."

                                                                          ...

▕ Sat, 5:46P M▕   

  D: "How about this place, it looks cool to camp at right?" 

  K: "Ehh, looks sorta creepy if I'm being honest.." 

 Mt: "Haha, Kendrick being scared?? Never imagined that."

 Mk: "For real, but I think that spot looks okay."

I stare at the image and feel a slight uneasiness in my stomach, hoping we don't camp there. Plus, I'm not even a big fan of camping! I've never gone camping before, maybe to the park and sitting in the grass but in a forest that looks like it's haunted? Never. 

  Mk: "Yo, Ken you good? You seem a bit tense. Is the forest giving you the creeps?                                   haha."

 K: "Me? No, it's just.. Doesn't it look a bit uhh, unsafe?" 

 D: "Come on Mikey, don't tease him." 

Mk: "I'm not teasing, I'm making sure poor Kenny is alright." 

I pick at the extra scraps of my finished plate with my fork, hearing them fuss over teasing me or not. Besides probably going to camp at a creepy forest - I'm happy I can spend time with my friends -

  Mt: "Got something on your mind, Ken?" 

  K:  "I'm fine, just kind of tired." 

  D:  "You seem off, are you sure you're okay? We don't have to camp at this forest                                    you know?"

  K:  "I don't mind camping there, I'm not scared of it." 

 All:  "Good!" 

Okay, I lied but they obviously wanted to camp there. I can't be a wuss and just ruin the fun. I'm sure it's not going to be as bad as I think it will; hopefully, at least. They are going to be there with me as well. 

We all walk out of the restaurant ready to head home

We all walk out of the restaurant ready to head home. I glance at Devi and walk a little closer to him. 

 K:  "I can't wait to go camping with you, well you guys." 

 D: "Same, it's going to be a good long-lasting memory."

 Proceeding to keep my pace with him, fixing my breathing - I was breathing fast, and plus, my face gets heated for some reason. Can't believe I said that either, god. 

( I know, I'm a good artist

( I know, I'm a good artist.) 

D: "Make sure to pack a lot of stuff, we'll be there for like 2 days? Also, pack some food of your own as well." 

K: "For sure, I don't really eat that much so I won't pack toooo much food." 

D: "Oh, I mean it's understandable. You don't look like the type to devour food as much I do! You have a fit, small body."  

Devi laughs as the others are following from behind, on our way to the car.

K: "I- I do? Well, thank you, uhm..." 

My face flusters and I cover my face with my arm for a few seconds before recovering. I shouldn't react like this, I shouldn't. He's a guy and I am a guy, but he also complimented my body. Perhaps he has an interest in me or is that just him being nice. AHHHHHHHH. 

D: "You good?"

K: "Yeahh, thank you."

...

▕ Sun, 8:46 AM ▕

Mk:✆ "We're currently outside your house, chop-chop you snail." 

 K:  ✆ "I'm on my way, just getting my bags you toe face." 

Mk:✆ "Wow okay. I do not look like a toe." 

K:   ✆ "The mirror says otherwise.." 

...