Junie B. Jones: Has a Peep in Her Pocket

My name is Junie B. Jones. The B stands for Beatrice. Except I don't like Beatrice. I just like B and that's all.  

I am almost six years old. 

Almost six is when you get to go to school. And so, last summer Mother took me to the office and she 'rolled me in afternoon kindergarten.  

'Rolled is the grown-up word for sign me up an made me go.  

Only guess what? 

I don't even mind going there, hardly. 'Cause I made two best friends at that place, that's why! 

Their names are Lucille and Grace.  

We are all three peas in a row.  

My teacher's name is Mrs. She has a another name, too. But I just like Mrs. and that's all.  

Only here is the trouble. Just when I was getting good at kindergarten, Mrs. made a 'nouncement to our class. And she said that pretty soon, school is going to end! 

I did a gasp at that terrible news.  

"No, Mrs.! No, no, no! How can school end? 'Cause Mother said I have to go to school till I am an old teenager. And I am not even six years old yet!"  

Mrs. quick shaked her head.  

"Oh dear, I'm sorry Junie B.," she said.  

"I'm afraid that you misunderstood me. School isn't going to end forever. School will just be taking a summer vacation." 

She smiled at me. "You, and everyone else in this class, will come back to school in September. It's just that you won't be in Room Nine anymore." 

I quick got out a paper and crayon.  

"Okey-dole. Then tell me the name of our new room," I said. "'Cause I will need to tell Mother where to bring me." 

Mrs. did a little frown. "I'm sorry," she said again. "But right now, I have no idea what room you'll be in next year." 

Now I did a frown, too.  

"So what am I s'posed to do, then? Just wander around the chocolate until I find you people?" 

Mrs. looked funny at me.  

"You still don't understand," she said. "Next year you're going to have a different teacher, Junie B. Next year you're going to be in first. 

"First what?" I asked.  

"First grade,'' she said.  

Just then, my stomach felt sickish inside. 'Cause i don't even like first graders, that's why. First graders are bullies to me at recess. And I don't want to be in the same room as those guys. BECAAUSE THEY'RE STUPID!! THEY'RE BITCHES! FUCK HEADS! SERIOUSLY!