Chapter 1 the Invitation

A month later after the war against werewolves of the Silver Moon clan, the people of Magi Village struggled in the harsh cold winter raining upon Magi Village and several countries. The people of Magi Village struggle the worst as they haven't fully recovered from the Lycanthropy War and the wounded felt the stinging cold on their claw wounds. Alice wakes up from her bed but her body shivers endlessly from the cold. Unlike normal humans, Alice has more sensitive skin for the sudden changes of temperature than others.

"Brrr....what a freezing winter today, I wonder...what should I do to forget the cold?" Alice wondered while shivering.

As she searches the chest used to keep books of magic, myths, legends, and other fantasy stories, Vine enters her tent with a shaking body and goosebumps all over his skin.

"Alice....do you have something that could keep the tent warm? My tent doesn't have the thing used to warm ourselves when we felt cold," Vine asked while shivering.

"Warm ourselves? You mean the fireplace? Sorry but we don't have a fireplace here cause we live in a tent. But....I have some blankets that would keep us warm. Wait....Are you shivering from the cold?" Alice asked.

"Of course I am! The realm where I lived doesn't have a cold season like this. Man...Everyone in Magi Village is crazy. They don't feel cold at all, brrr.....," Vine said while shivering from cold.

"Well, it can't be helped. The people here are used to cold weather. As for me, I felt the same cold as you because I'm not the kind of person whose skin could adapt to any temperature change," Alice admitted.

Alice searched the book she was looking for while she tried to stay warm.

"There you are. Perfect for a winter day, I wonder what day is it," Alice wondered while holding the book.

"Don't you have something that you can use to know what day is it?" Vine asked her.

Alice turned her head toward Vine. "You mean "Calendar"? Oh right....I will have to ask the others if they can get us some calendars as a reminder of what day is it today," Alice said with a mutter at the end of her sentence.

Alice carries the book under her arm and pulls the blanket from her bed.

"Let's warm ourselves and read this book together just like when we read a book about siren together," Alice said.

Alice prepares a bag bed for two people and Vine immediately sits on the bag bed.

"Since my bed is too small for two people, I prepared this bag bed just like before," Alice said.

Alice sits beside Vine and covers themselves together using the blanket.

"Now then...according to this book, Krampus appears on Christmas day. I wonder if it's Christmas day this season," Alice wondered with chattering teeth.

"Anyway, Krampus is the name of the demon that appears on Christmas day to punish any bad children who did naughty things during Christmas. It has the appearance of a humanoid goat, the upper half of a goat, and the lower half of a mountain goat. Its eyes are red, black, or none and it gave a horrifying feeling to anyone seeing it. Tail of a lion, cloven hooves, hands of a man with sharp claws, and sharp teeth. It appears during Christmas in order to abduct misbehaved children. None know what happened to the bad children but many sources said that Krampus spanks these misbehaved children he abducted and by the time he returned those children to their respective homes, the children have turned into good children? Hold on...spanking is his way to turn the children into good children? Huh?" Alice gave a very confused look on her face.

Vine gives an astonished look on his face. "What's a spanking?" Vine asked.

Alice looked at him with a very confused look on her face. "You have never heard of spanking?" Alice looked at Vine.