CHAPTER 30: Caged Hearts

ADDYLINE'S POV:

Thud! I frowned as I slowly crept away from the office door trying to make as little noise as possible until I was a safe distance away. Reaching the balcony near the stairs I stopped and deeply sighed replaying the scene I had just left in the office. I guess he really likes the girl considering how fast they just got back together.

I would have to get used to it if I didn’t want to get hurt by my stupidity. I decided not to dwell on it and went back downstairs to my office and work.
I tried getting back to work but I was feeling restless and a little irritated, putting down my IPad and pen I stood up ready to get some air. I heard Vladimir's office door opening and I watched Amelia come down the stairs in a somewhat odd manner for someone who had just been making out with my husband... I mean fake husband. I continued walking and we managed to meet each other at the bottom of the stairs on her way out. I glowered at her puffy eyes which showed that she had been crying. Were they tears of joy or sadness? What am I even asking, of course, she must be over the moon!

“Leaving already? I had asked Yolanda to prepare us a table since Vladimir is also here, please do join.” I invited.

She stood there as tall as a building and kept looking at me more than necessary until she sighed and smiled at me.

“No thank you, I don’t drink tea and I need to get back to work.” She simply said her attitude had completely changed.

She walked into that office full control and now all that control or ego is gone and I see annoyance. Did they fight?

“ Uhm, Is something wrong Ms Sadie?” I tried my luck genuinely concerned.

We might never be friends but I’m sure we can be acquaintances.
She flipped her hair and looked straight at me with a frown.

“Why would you care? I'm actually good...excellent, I just got back with Vladimir after all. Were you hoping for something else?” She smiled at me as if I was a foolish child but I decided not to entertain her smart comments.

“Why would I hope for anything less when I just came out of that office telling to get back with him? I would never get in the way of love!” I told her even though I was slowly regretting my actions.

“Well, then there is nothing for you to worry about sweetheart. Your play dough marriage is still in place!” she retorted with a smile.
If she wanted a reaction she definitely got it because I raised my eyes and pursed my lips trying to hold in a lot of words from my mouth. This woman has come to test my patience!

“You know what, I think we need to have a little talk so I’m going to join you for tea but I don’t think Vladimir will.” Amelia informed motioning to Yolanda who was coming out of Vladimir's office... Without Vladimir.

We watched her come down the stairs and start guiding us to the garden where our tea had been prepared.

“Mr Slavich requested for his breakfast in his office.” Yolanda informed as I nodded.
Of course, the girl knows him better than you do Addyline! I momentarily closed my eyes and indulged in the fresh air that engulfed my senses, It is going to be harder than you thought Addyline... It is going to be hard. I don’t think I will be able to entertain Amelia for long but if she is going to be around Vladimir, as much as I would like to say that ‘ I will get used to her' I would be lying. Her being around this house is already suffocating me now imagine her being around Vladimir. It’s not easy, I just started the race of getting over him but now I have to deal with a second woman in his life!

“Are you okay Madam? Do you need your crutches or wheelchair?” Yolanda walked back up the little stairs that led to the garden.

I opened my eyes and shook my head getting back to reality.