Jackie Frost

I'm Jackie Frost and It's not easy being a winter guardian, especially when everyone expects you to be a guy. Yes, Santa's a guy, the toothfairie's a girl but I'm a girl too. No one acknowledges that fact, whenever I try to explain that I'm not in fact a guy but a girl no one listens. I'd like to think I look female; apparently not. I'm 17, turning 18 in three months; I have long wispy brown hair, cold, blue eyes and a very pale complexion. My nose is horrible, it's upturned and small. Well, it's in proportion with my face, but it's still small.

I skid through the snow on my ice skates, nI one else can stay out in the cold as long as me. I understand though, it's easy for me, the winter weather matches my natural body tempertaure. I wish all the pixies would leave me alone though. It's always, "Jack, you need to control the blizzards, you need to turn the ice down a notch," they don't understand though, I can't control the snow, I just bring it. Mother nature takes care of the rest, I get into trouble with her a lot though, the first time I got into trouble I brought snow to her flower gardens, boy was she mad about it. She was all, "Jackie, you'll find out soon, your powers will be put to the test," I ran away before I could here the rest. Probably not anything important seeing as it was Mother Nature. She's full of old tales and she's always stuck in the past.

Bird songs. Pretty things, aren't they? Small tunes that you'll hear just as you walk by, or when you wake up from a long slumber. However, they can ruin the balance of nature ever so easily. Why does this cause relevance? Oh, because I myself messed up yesterday. Due to bird songs.

I'd been walking around, just walking through the puddles, waiting for the day winter would be summoned. Maybe i'd gotten into an argument with the leader of seasons, he is different to mother nature, she controls the balance and summons us when she needs to. Whereas the leader of the seasons, who we tend to call the 'Chief' makes sure everything is running smoothly before a season is set to take place. As I was saying, I got into a 'tiff' with the chief, which was completely and definitely not my fault. He hates me. I have no idea why; he has no reason to. Most people tend to leave me alone actually; that's fine, I like the company of myself, two's a crowd, however, the animals tend to catch my attention, sharing their thoughts. The argument was about some sort of goblet going missing, whenever anything goes wrong I'm blamed. Anywho, after the argument I walked off, then came across a bunch of birds singing. They were out of tune and horrible to hear, so I froze them. Accidentally. What had been triggered could not be stopped, the season of winter poured out of my veins and I was unable to control it, there was no one around to help me control it. The season kept pouring out until I had absolutely nothing left. That's when It happened, when winter started for ever.

That explains why Mother Nature has decided to punish me; she's sending me to darn school. Never in my 17 years was there a necessity to attend school. I already developed my brain on my own, I trained myself to gain knowledge. I didn't need parents, I don't even remember my parents. I've never seen a grave of theirs, so I assume they left me and ran. Who needs them anyways, right?

That's not the problem right now. School is. I'm not even good with social gatherings when all the season pixies and goblins gather for formal meetings, how am I supposed to fit in with a bunch of losers in a school? I can't even stand them normally!

Well if Mother Nature intended this to be a punishment I guess it fits the bill. I'm just greatful that no one will know that I'm Jackie Frost, Everyone agreed that it'd be better if no one knew my identity, seeing as I'm the one who shattered their dreams of being the future season guardians and helpers, they'd probably want their revenge. I guess I can sort of see their point. I'd probably die if my powers had been stripped away. They're not gone though, Mother Nature isn't permitted to taking my authority over winter, it's a celebrated season for all species in the worlds, and it only runs in a certain ice cold blood line, such as mine. No one's going to recognise my face though, not at a school miles away from my hometown.

Once I reach school an overwhelming scent of three seasons invade my nostrils, confused, I back away, however, when my eyes land on Cameron Dame, the son of chief, I'm aware of why the smell is here; not why Cameron is. Why Is he at this school? He's supposed to be at some posh academy called 'the academy for the excelled' ages away. Not a very creative name if I say so myself. I look up at the sign of the school and it hits me; I'm at the highest ranked school in all of the magical perimeters,it costs a fortune to be sent here. So why am I here? I'm not some smart kid whose parents can afford a big posh house in the middle of the country. Heck, I can't even afford a proper house.

I trudge on knowing that no one will recognise me, these goblins, pixies and nymphs have lived here since they were toddlers, they know the name Jackie frost but not the face. I intend to keep it that way.

A/N: So.... Any good? Do you like my take on the myth of Jack Frost? Or should I say Jackie frost? I'll be updating soon and I already have the next few chapters written, It's just a matter of uploading them. Thanks for reading if you finished this chapter guys, I appreciate every single wingle Pringle read I get:3xx