Lost

A strong wind blew past causing the pitch black trees of the darkened forest to creak and moan, their old and Frail branches swaying dangerously at angles that caused them to snap and fall to the leafy undergrowth below with a soft thud. A lone traveller who walked along the twisted and barely visible path that wound aimlessly through the woods exhaled, fog forming as the air left his mouth and he shivered, wrapping his arms tighter around his raggedy body, face buried in an old, tattered scarf he wore loosely around his neck which allowed him to cover his face as far up as his nose in the cloth. The long scarf dragged along the ground, trailing behind the man, leaves collecting in the fabric of it as the end for gradually more dirty. He'd become lost in this forest a few hours ago whilst fleeing from a group of men and now all he did was wander aimlessly, hoping for any sign of a way out of these woods, but so far there appeared to be no end. The moon had been high in the sky for some time now and the cloudless area let millions of tiny stars twinkle in the vast abyss of space above but the man paid no attention to such a beautiful sight for his soul goal was to escape from this place before he froze or was mauled to death by a rabid animal. Not that he'd heard anything since he's entered this place save for the constant crunching of leaves underfoot.
The endless silence seemed to be almost solid, it's cold tendrils constantly wrapping themselves tighter and tighter around the man's already frail and quivering body but he had long since entering this place become numb to his surroundings and he knew he was on the brink of unconsciousness and he could very well faint at any second though all he could do was keep struggling forward and hope that he at least found a safe place to rest for the night.