Ch. 10:ᴄᴏɴғʀᴏɴᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ᴛʀɪɢɢᴇʀ ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ :: ˡᵃⁿᵍᵘᵃᵍᵉ⸴ ᵛⁱᵒˡᵉⁿᶜᵉ⸴ ᶠⁱʳᵉᵃʳᵐˢ⸴ ᵏⁱᵈⁿᵃᵖᵖⁱⁿᵍ

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

As you worked at the newspaper office throughout the day, Suga remained unobtrusive, spending his time constantly texting or quietly talking on his cellphone. Guess you gotta stay pretty connected to the world to run a criminal empire. You let out a small sigh and returned your attention to your computer, dragging your eyes away from the silver-haired man.

You couldn't lie; his lean form hovering protectively in the corner of your vision was a pleasant change from the daily routine of researching and editing

You couldn't lie; his lean form hovering protectively in the corner of your vision was a pleasant change from the daily routine of researching and editing. The most exciting part of your job -- investigating leads in person -- didn't happen too often. Most of the time, you were poring through documents, online message boards, other news sites, and the occasional dip into the Deep Web. Still, when you did manage to get out into the field to track someone down or interview a source...well. You absolutely lived for those moments. You shook your head to clear your thoughts and tipped your head to the side when a quiet ding emanated from your phone.

Your entire office had a group chat that you used to share information, and one after another, notifications made your phone buzz in your hand as you slipped it out of your back pocket. Tapping on the icon in the lower right of your screen, you trapped your lower lip between your teeth as the group message opened. ...Well, shit.

You groaned audibly and rolled your eyes as you typed rapidly, anxiety swelling in your chest

You groaned audibly and rolled your eyes as you typed rapidly, anxiety swelling in your chest. Silly reporters. What the hell was I thinking, letting him come here?! Of course there was a chance one of them would get a mob vibe off of him; his outfit and demeanor practically screams it! Thankfully, no one knew what any of the Inner Circle looked like, but Suga coming to work with you had been a fairly big risk to take.