004 | here comes death's touch

for the girls with messy hair
and thirsty hearts

for the girls with messy hair and thirsty hearts

SOMETHING WAS WRONG. Ivette watched her brother. He had quietened down. Something was definitely wrong. As they moved into the next stage of their life, junior high, Ivette noticed a sudden change in his personality. He was docile, jitteryso submissive and frightened by loud sounds. Ivette didn't know how to react to it.

The sound of laughter and gossip rang throughout the school air. Students sat in their seats, chatting to their friends. Wooden tables were pushed together, adding to the amiable atmosphere. But Ivette knew better. She could feel the toxicity simmering under it all. The judging stares, the foul words spewing from teenage mouths. She disregarded it all, as she usually did.

Ivette didn't want to acknowledge the daunting fear that seared her every cell.

"Zuku," she called, turning towards her twin brother. They strolled through the hallway, forcing their heads up and backs straight. They were in a den of famished wolves, and they refused to be their naive prey. Ivette knew better. "Did something happen?"

"Huh- oh, no! Nothing happened!" He laughed nervously, eyes shifting periodically.

Ivette frowned.

She went to say something else, but an arm was slung around her shoulders, and she was tugged into a familiar embrace.

"Hey, princess," she heard Katsuki say.

"Hi, Suki," she greeted softly, leaning into his touch. It was a fond, desired touch. Things were much quieter when he was around.

"Deku," Bakugo grunted.

"H-Hi, Kac-chan!" he squeaked, his body recoiling and hands raising ever so slightly.

Ivette's eyes narrowed.

The air thickened. It snaked through the hallway, coiling around their throats and squeezing taut. Oh, so asphyxiating.

"Let's go to class," Katsuki said, not sparing the boy a glance. "The bell's 'bout to ring."

Lingering stares, so full of judgement. They seared into her bones the moment the trio stepped into the class. Ivette clutched her books closer to her chest, reminded of the inferior position she was in within society.

"̴̠̫̮̘̋̀͆͛͂̑̂̾̋̔̅̐̚͘L̷̺̱͚̞̘̹̪̹̰̞͖̂̓͜ŏ̴̓͒ͅơ̵̛̖͎̳͆̌́̓̃̓̋̾̈́̿̀ḱ̸̥̩̘͇̜͍̣̫͊͊͐̅͊̽͋̚͘ ̴̨̬̥͍̻̟̤̹̯͍̩͖̥̫͔̂̄͛͠a̵̢̝̥͇̖̥͙͌̆̿̈̾͊͛͌̏̃̓͋́͝͝t̷͈͂͋̄̇̅͋̀͑͒́̚̕ ̸̧͙͒͝ḩ̴̬̺̙͈̬̯͎̥͍͍̱̼͙̍̈̓̐̾̉̊̆́̍͜͠o̶̧͈̜̞͕̖̫͔͑̓͒͠͝ẁ̷̢̡̡̧̟̖̪̤̯͇̪͍͔̏̊̂͒͐̾̀̆̃̉̉̎̐͜ ̸̟͙́̇̎͆̆͂̉̉̓͊̋͆͘͘t̸̰̀̏̈́̀͛h̴̢͍͙̣̬̘̠͖͖̟̭̯͌̑̈́͆͝͝͠e̵̛̹͉̫͇̣̖̒̌̌͂́̀̒̉͛͆̆̓͠y̴̛͖̞̟̱̝̫̪͗̃̑̇̉̀̂̕͝'̸̰̫̠̫̬̙̳͖̦͊̈́̊r̶̤̼͙͎̣͇͕̼̣̉͊͌̏̇̓̓̽̆̒̂̓̀ę̸̣̻̮̩̱̽͛̄̈́̕͠͝ ̸̡͇͖̘̺̝̰̟͎̗̤̂͊̊̄̄́̉́̈̚͘͠͠s̶̢̛̰̯͎̩͒̉̈́̀͒̄͌͐̊̂͝t̵̥̔̆a̵̢͙̖͇̪̝͉̮̓͐̑͐̍͐ͅŕ̴̢̢̢̠͓̳̘͙͊̊̉͐̏͐̈̈́͝į̶̲͈̭̤̠̪̘̂̿̍̀̈́́ͅń̷͈̣̹̳͖̦͙͙͈̮̖̌̆̆͋͌̔͗́̚͠ͅg̷̣͇͉̑́̾̒̈́̋̑̈́̍̓̚͘ͅ.̸̢̬͚̳̳͚̞̠̭̓̈́̔̀͋̈͆͌̆̌͘͝"̴̺̠̖͍͕͙̼͍̙̯̼̪͊͌͒̎̎͒́̊̎̕͜͜