1

Clair was born in the year 972 to a topsider with great influence on the council. Clair was abandoned by her Topside parents for her arcanian like birthmark, deep blue rune markings running from her back to her arms as she aged. When she was born her parents thought they would go away with time. When she turned five they grew larger showing on her forearms, with magic being illegal in Piltover founded to get away from such things, her parents sent her to an orphanage without hesitation. The orphanage was located right next to the dividing bridge. In the orphanage, she was given everything any other kid had, but it came with a price. The dean was madly frightened by the thought of magic, she would lock Clair in a dark basement room when the child would slip up and accidentally have her sleeve roll up and show her markings. Magic was illegal and the dean wasn't going to risk her reputation. With the fear that she would slip up, Clair spent most of her childhood in her room. A small one window bedroom, through the window, is too tall for the child to see out of it would let light in. Clair didn't go to school like the others; she would have personal teachings from one of the orphanage's workers. Clair was a sweet girl with a 'dark secret' as the Dean would tell her. 

One memorable night 12-year-old Clair sat in her room reading her favorite book for the hundredth time when her world turned upside down. The first thing she heard was screams, she stopped reading and went to the one window in her room. Standing on her tippy toes she could barely see what was happening when the window was suddenly blocked by tall flames. She backed away trembling while listening to the blood-curdling screams, the sound of bodies pounding on others in a rush, and feeling the heat ascending from the wall. Rushing to the one door she had rarely left for her seven years living there, pounding her fist roughly against it. It was after supper and the child's door was locked. 

She screamed "HELP" at the top of her lungs, straining her throat repeatedly. Hopelessly hoping someone would hear her, she didn't know what to do, she was extremely scared. Pounding her fist loudly against the large door and screamed at the top of her lungs for an absence of time. She heard loud cracking behind her and before she could process anything her small body was thrown into her door by a large slab of cement. Her front pressed against the door and the cement dug into her back making it hard for her lungs to get air. She heard grunting and heavy punching from behind her. Laying there not being able to move and barely padding out. Before she was wept into unconsciousness the heavyweight against her backside began to subside. The slab of cement was thrown to the side with a loud thud. Clair tried to move but her body wouldn't allow her. 

Large calloused hands lifted her weak body off the ground, Clair started struggling to get away when she heard a low deep, husky voice say "It's okay, I'm going to help you, don't be scared". Before the child could protest her body gave out and she passed out.......

Three years later.

"Clair, Vi, Powder, Mylo, Claggor, come here," Vander yells for the five kids he adopted four years ago on that dreadful day. His voice wasn't harsh but it definitely wasn't necessarily inviting. Quick footsteps run up the stairs from the basement of Vander's bar 'The Last Drop'. A raven-haired short girl with long sleeves is the first to appear from the basement with a smaller child that has bright blue hair in tow. Following them is a large boy with goggles, a skinny tall boy with a triangle face, and lastly a strong girl with short pink hair. Vander speaks over the plethora of undergrounders inside his bar, "Why does this kind man," he motions to a short chubby man with a scowl run across his face glaring at the five children, Vander continues, "tell me that MY kids tried to steal from his nice shop this afternoon". Clair's face turns pale along with the other kids. The pink-haired girl steps through the others and tries to speak up before the raven-haired girl moves up and grazes the other girl's arm pushing herself forward.