chapter 10

Jay came out of office before the Micah guy. I took Jay's hand made him ran out from there. He looked shocked, demanding an explanation. I just ignored him and walked away.

"Rashi?"

"I am really hungry." I walked faster.

He followed me to restaurant for three blocks. He sat down at table and looked at me. I just flipping menu pages. The waiter came confirming for order and I just still flipping pages.

"One cortado and one flat white coffee. Two club sandwiches and curly fries. Thank You." Jay ordered and the waiter noted and went.

"You can stop flipping pages to ignore me and tell me what happened?"

"I am sorry but I can't process."

"Tell me."

"The guy I met at party, I met him there. He is getting restricted from marketing department and you are replacing him."

"Aron?"

"yes."

"I am not replacing him. He failed exams and he will get second chance, the professor called me in for him today. He said I have to help fellow classmate that will help me get extra credential points."

"So, he is not getting kicked out?"

"No."

"That's a relief."

"You ignored me for him. You thought I am taking his place and you just ---"

"I am so sorry. I just can't process. Everything happened so rapidly in a moment. I am sorry."

The waiter came with our food and we ate in silence. Jay ate his food and went outside without saying a word. I finished my food, paid, and went out to find him. He was gone somewhere else, I was so stupid to over think the situation but it was dumb of me to act that way ignoring him. I don't even have his new number to contact. I am serious dumb.

I wandered around to find him and apologize. He was on a bench taking selfie making weird faces. I went to him and sat beside.

"We really don't have a photo together. Of two of us."

We had a fight and now he is worried that we don't have photo together. He just starts clicking photos without warning.

"Nice." He said swiping photos.

"Can I ask you a question?"

He nodded and put the mobile aside.

"What's going on?" I thought he will take a hint and spill truth. He is not okay but hiding inside isn't right. I cross my finger and ask him again hoping he open up his crack brain.

"Why did you transfer here all sudden? Real truth."

He sighed as he was ready to rant now. I am still crossing finger and hoping he speaks the truth, real truth. Instead he stood up and starts walking away. I will not follow him. He is not kid. I demand truth. I will sit on this bench till I hear his truth. He is far away from my eye sight. I am stubborn. I can be stubborn. I will sit here and wait. He will be back. He is sweet guy.

It's been forty-five minutes. I am still waiting for that idiot to turn back. Maybe he forgot the way back. He is new here, it is possibility that he might have lost. Let's wait for the idiot to come back. He is an idiot.

I crossed the street and sat under the tree. The back feels great. It's soon going to be night. I am thankful winter is months away. I checked my phone to see if that idiot has come to sense but no. it's Piku texting for research reference. I ignore her. This is the first time I am ignoring her texts. Dear God, I am losing my mind right now. Please help me. I know the truth, the real truth. I just want to listen from him. Is it too much to ask?

I am done. I am so done. I will stay night out wandering around but I am not going home. He want to keep secret, let him. I feel like I will burst out fiery words when I will see him. I will surely throw a punch and kick him. Well, that's a thought for later. I have to get up and walk around, find a safe-non-scary place or a bench.

I put my mobile on silent mode and put inside the left jeans pocket. Pull out handkerchief and put all cash and coins in it, tied three knots put it in right jeans pocket. God, watch out you little girl tonight. I am afraid but I am doing it. I will stay out tonight. I am totally out of mind and I am aware of that. I chuckle in fear and walked down to corner of the street and I saw Jay standing there. The moment I saw him I know he is my friend. A friend waiting for me.

He comes to me and hug me.

"Fine I'll tell the truth. Let's go home first" He says and I don't want to listen from him anymore now. I inhale and spoke out the truth.

"I know the truth." I don't want to hear it out loud but it's not going to undo the mess. I closed my fingers tightly together and said it.

"Rajan is getting my father arrested."

He just nodded saying, "let's not talk here." and gave me hand to hold on as we walk back home.