Chapter 1 - I Hate My Little Sister

Hi. My name is Y/N. Not that it really matters since I'm sure you're not here for me. You're here for my sister's story, right? Wait, you're not? You're here for me? Oh, okay then. Well let me start from the beginning.

     It began when I was little. I was 3 years old when my mom announced that she was pregnant. Of course, I was excited that I was going to be getting a younger sibling. Who wouldn't be? Throughout Mom's pregnancy, I noticed that she and Dad started to pay less and less attention to me and that it was my grandma who would be taking care of me more since she lived in the house with us. 

     I assumed that it was because they were preparing for the baby. That was the case at the time, but when my sister, Amelia, was born everything changed. Suddenly I was sharing a bedroom with a spoiled baby who was crying 24/7. By the time she was 7 and I was 10, she was taking up more than half the room. All of her toys were scattered everywhere and I was the one told to clean it up while she went outside to play. When I asked for something for Christmas, she was the one who got it while I was stuck with a few candy canes.

     Our birthdays are just a few days apart so our family and friends always decide to throw us a joint birthday party. The party for our 10th and 13th birthday was the worst. 

     Our mom, dad, some close family and family friends surprised us when we came home from school one day. Amelia stepped inside and all the lights were off. Suddenly everyone jumped out from behind the couches and yelled, "Surprise! Happy birthday, Amelia!". 

     I know I should've been mad, but I just let it go. Maybe all of them just.......forgot to say my name? Anyways, next was the gift-opening. 'Please, PLEASE let it be the iPad I asked for....!' I thought to myself while unwrapping the gift. The wrapping paper revealed a book. 

     "Mom.....?" I say while franticly flipping through the pages. "What is this?"

     "A diary! I thought you might want one since you're a teenager now!" she says smiling at me. A stare her down with a blank face. "Diaries are, like, a generation ago though..." I mumble.

     "Be grateful that we even got you a gift!" my dad scolds me in front of everyone. "Back when I was young, I'd be lucky to even get a notebook for school on my birthday!"

     I stay silent. Dramatic much? He's making it sound like he used to ride to school on camels or something....

     I turned to the side to see Amelia opening her gift. It was the exact same iPad I asked for. "Mom! Are you kidding me? She didn't even ask for that, and that's the gift that I wanted!" You guys are always picking favorites! She's always the one getting what I want! I'm always the one getting in trouble for her mistakes! When is it ever going to be about me?!!"

     My mom stared at me with her mouth wide open. "Y/N M/N L/N! How dare you embarrass us in front of all these guests! During your sister's birthday party too!"

     "DO YOU NOT HEAR YOURSELF? ARE YOU FORGETTING THAT THIS PARTY IS FOR ME TOO? NOT JUST AMELIA? THIS HAS TO BE SOME FORM OF CHILD NEGLECT!!" I yell at my parents.

     My dad stands up. Ah....shit. I fucked up.