[1.] coming home

—————————

I walk down the stairs, both suitcases in hand walking to go hug my grandma bye.

I'm going to miss her.

I hardly get to see her. Maybe once or twice at most.. each year. I should really come more often.

You could describe her as bossy, judge-y... and very straight forward. She grew up in New York. She raised my mom there too. But then when my mom met my dad, she was on a business trip —she's a lawyer— my dad was the defendant. Nothing to big.. just drug charges.. Let's not get into him, he's not even in the picture anymore.

Having to grow up around them has been eventful to say the least. When I was little I used to climb on everything. I'd have to listen to all the remarks and have to sit out on the porch until it got so cold I would basically have frostbite.

*FLASHBACK*

"Get aw-ff that Caw-fee table right now young lady. I swear you're going to be the death of me one day. Com'on now, get your ass out here on this porch"

*FLASHBACK OVER*

Good times.

"Awe suga, I'ma miss you so much. Come see me more often. You're gonna miss me when I'm dead, ya know?" a slight bit of humor in her voice

"I know, I'm hoping I can come back on Christmas Break. We'll see."

"Alright now get out of my house so you don't miss your flight." not even a amount of sarcasm in her tone.

"I love you too" I snicker.

"Bye Shug"

I hop into my cab and tell him the directions to the airport. The ride is silent. The dude driving is kinda weird too. No music. No talking. Just the sound of his and my breathing. I try to ignore it just til I can get there. It's only a 10 minute drive there, right?

My mom had to leave my grandmas early she had a meeting with her boss about her next case. So it's just me. I'm not 100% okay with it but I told her I'm going to be fine, I didn't want her to worry.
—————————————————

"Honey, I'm home." I walk into my empty house my voice echoing. My house isn't huge but it gets us by. The layouts simple, the decorations too.

Her work money goes to my college fee. I really feel bad about her having to pay the whole thing so I got a job at a catering business. I make 12 bucks an hour. I'm pretty happy with that to be honest.

I walk up the stairs to my room with my luggage in hand.

Jesus, Joseph and Mary it's messy in here.

I step over the dirty clothes making my way over to my mirror. I look at my complexion. I look a mess right now. At this point I'm so tired of being awake. I jump in the shower but not before starting my playlist of course.

Yayyyyyyy.

'Sorrows' by Bryson Tiller starts to play.
————————

My about shoulder length hair glides down my back as I ring the water out of it. My mom always said my hair was so long. Even after I cut 3 inches of hair off. That's a whole bunch to me. I want longer hair.