Chap 1

Jane was at work when she got a call from Alex's school that she had to pick up Alex from school because he was sick.

The Ride home

'I don't get it, you seemed perfectly fine this morning!' Jane said.

'I was! Until my stomach just, turned on me! No idea how or why.' Alex replied.

'It's probably that flu strain of sorts that's been going around. You'll be fine in a few days, but you can't have any friends over, I don't want to risk them getting sick.

'But Mom!'

'Don't But Mom me. I'm looking out for you and your friends!' Jane replied, strictly.

The next few days passed. Jane took care of Alex, and alex got better, and grew very grumpy and impatient.

'NOW can I go see my friends?!' Alex asked.

'Yes, you can go see them. I know the last few days have been rough, but I'm sure that somewhere inside of you, you're grateful for me looking after you.' Jane replied.

'Yeah, yeah very grateful, bye!'

Jane sighed. 'He'll appreciate me, some day.'

10 minutes later

'What are you doing home so early?' Jane asked.

'3 of my friends are sick, and the others's moms won't let me see them because they're concerned anyone who goes to school is contagious!' Alex responded, annoyed.

'Well, maybe their moms are looking out for them.

'Sure, sure.' Then he huffed off to his room.

'He'll want to hang out with you someday. Some day.' Jane thought to herself.