A God's boredom.

Alim always spent time in their own world. Xe had spent a cycle of reading every book then cleaning the entire library for centuries now. They didn’t know why xe did that. Maybe there was an original purpose? A benefit? Alas, the answer would have been long forgotten. There wasn’t a book in the library that Alim hadn't read, no corners left unclean. It was tidy as Alim wanted it to be, but Alim couldn’t place why xyr’s routine was … unfulfilling. As if there was something missing, but what would be better than re-reading books and cleaning the entire library? Alim thought for a moment, were they.. bored? Putting that as a possibility, doing the same thing over and over again can get quite.. old. Alim stopped to look at the library; it didn’t seem like any filth would enter it for possibly an hour or so.

Alim decided to do something else, but what? Alim could do a variety of things during the small time frame. After all, an hour is zilch to a god. Alim looked around their room, maybe there was something from long ago they could use. Alim discovered a puzzle xyr took from the mortals by accident. Alim decided to try out the puzzle, after some time Alim finally finished it. "That wasn't so hard!" They went to check the time, only 3 minutes passed. Alim sighed and decided to look around more, but that puzzle was the only thing xe found.

Alim pondered why the hour took so long. Was time going slow a result of boredom?
Hours normally felt like how mortals saw seconds to Alim. Has Alim been so out of touch with time? How were the other gods doing? The thoughts flooded their mind, but then a strange thought occurred. Everything felt… too organized. 

Alim always cared for organization and keeping the library clean, but it felt.. too bland..? Alim hadn't exactly thought about how they wanted the library to look. Xe believed it had to be.. orderly. Where's the fun in that, however? Surely some disorganization wouldn't hurt anybody.

Was there a definite reason for organization? Sure it would boost your mood and make walking easier, but where's the creativity in keeping things the way you're expected to place them? Alim would definitely put everything back to normal in due time! Alim started to move books around the place. Making sure to keep a list of where everything used to be.
Ruining their own work they spent so long trying to keep it tidy was kind of.. fun.

It surely did distract xem from their boredom.

//This is something written for an RPG!au by a friend of mine.//