Everlasting Hope.

The end of February had arrived, for all the students at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The vast hallways of the enormous castle, which many students called home, possessed a serene silence. The cause of this silence which was quite rare, you may say, was because it was a weekend. The busy hallways were quiet this weekend as the end of the year had dawned upon. Which meant that examinations were around the corner, due to which many pupils could be seen studying, some enjoying themselves on a pleasant winter's morning on the brightly lit grounds, or some just twittering here and there.

One of these many students was Ron Weasley. While most of the students were quite pleased with the tranquil weather, a dark cloud of despair hung over the young man's head. He was feeling many different emotions at once as he had just broken up with his girlfriend – Lavender Brown. He didn't know what to feel. In some ways he felt relieved like hell for cutting ties of with her. In some ways he felt bad for her too, even if he didn't like her too much, Lavender must've fallen hard for him. He also was in a state of confusion with his relationship with Hermione Granger, his best friend and the girl he was in love with.

He tried to deny himself a million times and to convince himself that these feelings of jealousy, disappointment and bliss were completely brotherly feelings towards Hermione, but came on a conclusion with solid proof that he couldn't choose who he fell in love with. But he didn't want to be in love with her, it would screw their friendship. So, in order to fall out of love with her, he began dating Lavender Brown. To honestly say, in the beginning Ron did feel quite nice that someone liked him, wanted him for who he was. But no matter how hard he tried; he couldn't fall out of love with her. How could he? Ron thought with a smile. He now reached the portrait hole, the entrance to the Gryffindor common room, where the fat lady was waiting for him to speak out the password.

"Tapeworm" Ron replied gloomily entering the common room, which was occupied by a few students. He saw his best friend Hermione sitting on the couch in front of the blazing fire. The light from the fire reflected onto her hair at the perfect angle, making her looking more beautiful than ever. He could stare at her for an eternity, Ron thought. He wanted to join her but was too star struck to do so. As if reading his thoughts, Hermione looked up from the book she was currently reading and said, "Hi Ron. Would you like to join me?", she said in a voice Ron could only describe as angelic. "H-hello 'Mione" he replied stuttering, breaking out of his daze. He mentally kicked himself. "I'll join you as long as we're not talking about homework" he replied taking a seat beside her. She chuckled replying "No Ron this is just some research I'm doing for the horcruxes." "Oh, ok." "Ron, I heard about your break-up with Lavender. I-are you okay? I thought, you know, you could use someone to just talk to or something?" she said. "Oh, no actually. It has been coming now for quite some time now I reckon. We were sort of breaking apart or something, dunno. "He replied to her earlier asked question. "Mmm-hhh. Would you like a chocolate frog? I have quite a few from our last Hogsmeade trip, thought you could use all the cheering you can get." "Chocolate frogs? Are you that random all the time?"

"Ha-ha very funny Ron. But if you would not rather, have it, I always have room for another frog too...."

"No, I wouldn't." Ron said snatching it from her, fairly remembering being asked the same question, under different circumstances of course, the previous year. He wanted to desperately confess to her that he loved her and that Lavender was, is and never will be anything to him. He wanted to tell her that he wanted to tear Vicky's limbs for even thinking about her that way. He wanted to admit her that he wanted to snog her senseless as she was looking beautiful as the light from the flames touched her face lightly. Her proposing eyes were as dark as the darkest bark of any tree present. They were hypnotizing him. Her white skin looked like the fresh winter's snow, which Ron ached to touch. His eyes then moved to her lips. He might have kissed her right then and there, if it wasn't for Harry, who know entered through the portrait hole.