An Eventful Night

"Mum, dad, me and Radhika are going out."

Gauri and Om looked away from the TV, seeing Riaan getting the car keys of Om's car.

Om: where are you guys going again and why are you taking my car Riaan?

Riaan: mum won't let me use her car, so she said to use yours.

Om: Gauri...

Gauri: I don't let anyone drive my car, that includes my own son so I said he can use your car till he has the money needed to pay for half of his new car.

Riaan: don't worry dad. I nearly have all the money saved up for half of the new car. Anyway I'm taking your car to go meet Manav, Zain and Nishant. Bye.

Radhika: see you guys.

The two teenagers started walking away from the living room, and Radhika was about to open the door when her father spoke again.

Om: wait! Why is Radhika going? None of her friends are going to be there.

Radhika: Actually Nishant's sister Hira and Zain's sister, Ziva, are my friends and she is going to be with them.

Gauri: oh yeah Hira and Ziva. Tell them I say hi.

Radhika: I will. Anyway, we're going. Bye mum and dad.

Riaan: bye.

Om: but I got more...

The teenagers had opened the door, walked out and locked the door before Om could complete his sentence. Om looked at Gauri, who was looking at him with raised eyebrows.

Om: what?

Gauri: you need to stop interrogating them a lot.

Om: I don't interrogate them a lot.

Gauri: Roshni!

Roshni, who was sitting on the other sofa unbothered, kept her iPad down and took off her unicorn headphones. She looked at her mother and said: yes mummy?

Gauri: does your dad ask too many questions?

Roshni: sometimes but not all the time. Ooo popcorn.

Roshni and her short attention span had just noticed that there was a bowl of popcorn on the table. She took a small handful of the snack then focused her attention on her iPad.

Gauri: even Roshni agrees that you interrogate a lot.

Om: she said sometimes. Did you even listen to what she said?

Gauri: yeah I did and she was basically agreeing with me.

Om was going to say something, but then remembered that arguing with his three months pregnant wife was not a wise idea. It was better to just agree with Gauri. After all - happy wife, happy life.

Om: you know what? You're right. I will work on not interrogating the kids.

Gauri: good. Work on it now so then when Roshni is a teenager, she doesn't have to deal with your annoying interrogation.

Om just nodded as he took some of the popcorn from the bowl. He was about to eat the popcorn, when Gauri took the popcorn from his hand. Om sighed and just decided to focus his attention on his laptop whilst his wife focused on the movie which was playing on the TV.

...

"You drive like a snail!"

Radhika complained for the millionth time since she and Riaan had left home.