Second Chance

I met this girl in the gym. She isn't beautiful, to be honest. Like, I'm the typical guy who thinks that ladies should be slim, fair skin, flawless, tall and all.

Then there's this girl, she's chubby, brown skin and well, she isn't ugly, but she isn't pretty.

But for some reason, I was attracted to her. And as the day goes by, there was this pull that I always felt when she's around. Like she's my personal poison. I never admit it though.

I think I was challenged by her. You see, she isn't pretty, and not that I'm bragging but I kinda think I am fine looking. It wasn't hard for me to converse with women. And I have been in relationships before.

So, going back, this chubby girl, who I am attracted to, never noticed me. I don't know why. I mean, am I being arrogant to think that she should at least look at me? At least, one glance to check on me, right?

I'm a ten to be honest. Well, you can imagine how my body was built since I'm regular at the gym. My height, it was from my Chinese descent, I guess, because I am 5'11 tall.

Let's give her a pen name on the first part of this story. Fae. Like a Fairy.

So Fae usually goes to the gym Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I visit everyday. I have been friends with the owner and the trainers there. Anyways, so Fae just do the normal stuff. Running, few lifts, stretches and all. She didn't get a trainer when it was offered to her.

So, Fae always kind of walk past me after she showers and she smells divine. I don't know if she just has that effect on me or to others as well because just imagining other guys smelling her as well is kind of pissing me off.

Everyday, it frustrates me how I sneaked and tried to steal glances of her while she works out unbothered. Does it bruised my ego? Yes. Hard Yes.

Many time I tried to make a strategy of how I can exchange conversation with her and many times, it failed. Most of the time, when I am about to approach her, she will walk past me as if I wasn't there. And every freaking time, she gets more and more attractive to me.

Attractive in a way that I ignore other girls that my friends thought were hot and those that I know were hitting on me.

I totally confirmed my attraction towards her when she did not go to the gym one Wednesday. I was so looking forward to seeing her Tuesday evening. Like a freaking lunatic excited to be Wednesday already. But she wasn't there. And if I am not going to ask my friends about where she is. They will start being assholes and will tease me non stop if I did.

Dang, I was really looking forward to smelling her after shower smell.

Friday, she didn't go as well. I was losing my mind. I feel like throwing the barbell already. But my stupid pride will not ask about where she is. I know some of my friends know, but I did not ask.

All hail the Saturday. She was there. She was there! Thank God, she was there. After four days of hell, she was there, which isn't typical. She doesn't go during weekends.

I guess missing her for two days made me realize one thing. I better get my shit together and talk to her. Carpe diem.

I asked her if she wanted me to help her with her lifts, I sounded weird and creepy but I don't think she minds. She smiled at me and accepted my offer.

It was all worth the frustrations for the last four days.

I know my gym buddies were all looking at me after I approached her. Like, I know right? I didn't know why I'm doing this myself either.

We didn't talk much aside from our banters with our names. Honestly, I only heard her name from some girl who called her when they were saying goodbye. But still, my stupid self pretended to not know her name. Because again, she wasn't supposed to be my type right? I should stick to my pretend coolness.