Still not over you (English)

STILL NOT OVER YOU

It was late at night when we finished our project for our finals. The feeling was indescribable.I felt so light but at the same time sick because we really didn't ate decent food that day because we were so eager to finish the project. We cleaned the mess we made and then headed to the elevator. The university was already closing too so we hurried down.

We congratulated each other then went our separate ways. We were suppose to eat together to celebrate but we were so freakin tired.

They were all gone when I searched for my phone inside my messy bag. I called my brother so that he could pick me up. Then I waited, ALONE. My feet was aching and i can already hear my stomach growling. I thought of looking for open stores so that i could buy some food but the stores were too far and my feet was aching like hell. So i decided to stay and wait for my brother.

It was almost midnight. I was waiting there for like 30 minutes. Then suddenly, it rained. But it didn't just rained, it rained soooooo hard.

I bit my lips and clenched my feast, still waiting.

After imagining on how  I would kill my brother while riding the car,  I grabbed my bag and  didn't hesitate to wade out in to the rain. I went out and went to the other side of the road because, absurdly, there were no taxi passing by on the side of the road where i was waiting. It was usually like that though, a lot of students were complaining about the matter, and today was the destined time for me to experience it. Because I normally don't care about the issue before, and now I hell do. 

I felt dizzy after going out to the rain. I waited for a taxi to pass by but then a car stopped in front of me. And yeah, that was my brothers car. I was so angry but still I hopped in. I had no choice! I slammed the door trying to say  through my action that  "Jerk! Late much?!" .

" Sorry I'm so late" He said.

I looked at the man on the drivers seat after i heard him talk because I know it was not my brothers voice.

" Hi"  I said with a confused slash surprised tone. I didn't  know how to react because  I felt sick, and i didn't wanna look freaked out because then i'd look so obvious, or worse crazy.

So i forced a smile, then grabbed the hanky he handed and wiped my wet face and hands.

The guy was my crush since i was on 9th grade. He is one of my brothers friends, closest friends actually. And saw him last last last last year because he studied abroad. I thought i was over him because after all those years of hearing his name (because my brother and his other friends always talks about him trying to reminsce the fun moments they all had) and seeing his face on facebook (because i was always visiting his facebook account trying to, you know, update myself of what is happening to him there) I felt nothing.

And that night I suddenly felt something.

My brother really didn't know that i liked him. And he doesn't know it too. Because I was secretly liking him. So that moment i tried to act like i'm cool.

"Since when did you arrive?" I asked him.

He looked at me and smiled.

"Does that mean you're not mad anymore?"

I smiled a little, trying not to look too excited.

"It's not your fault. It's my brothers fault."

"Yeah, but i told him and insisted that i'd be the one to pick you up" He replied, not looking at me. " I arrived just an hour ago" He added, already looking at me because the signal light went red. But I didn't looked at him. I was too tensed to do so.

My heart skipped a beat after hearing what he said. But i assumed it was nothing. I don't want to be looking so inlove with him by saying stupid things or reacting whatever. So i decided to just force a smile and threw a tacky joke.

"In that case, you owe me a Louis Vuitton bag." I said cheerily.

A long silence after he laughed at my joke.

"But that's weird" I said, being honestly.

I heard him laugh again.

"I know" He said.

I think he would understand why i said it was weird because we never really had talked formally before. We would only talk if he asks about my brother, or ask about where's the kitchen ( the time when he first went to our house), or where's the fork?. That sort of little conversations.

And maybe that was the reason why he cracked out. Because he felt the same way.

SINCE IT was raining, it was so traffic. And though I was energized by his presence. I still felt sleepy and tired afterwards. My head was aching, and my stomach was still growling. So I closed my eyes.

THE next morning i woke up feeling so heavy. Then thought about why on earth am i lying on my bed. "How did the moment with him ended last night?" I asked myself.

I reached for my alarm clock on my table and noticed a towel and a big bowl of water on it. So I concluded I had a fever last night because of those stuff I saw.

I stood, washed my face, brushed my teeth and changed (because I was wearing the same clothes i wore last night). Then went down to eat something.

There I saw my brother, with all his close friends, including him, Enzoe.

While I was going down the stairs. They all looked at me and one of them said:

" Oh! Enzoe's awake!" he said, and then they all laughed.

I stopped stepping down and then looked at my mom who was already there too, wearing her apron.

"What's so funny?" I asked my mom.

" My name's Hannah, not Enzoe" I said, talking to all of my brothers friends and took a glimpse of Enzoe who was just smiling while looking at me.

My brother stood up and put his arms on my shoulder. It made me feel so nervous about whatever he was going to say.

" Your fever was so high last night and you were..." He paused to thrill me. "talking." he continued at last.

I swallowed after hearing what he said. Because I think I said something crazy last night.

"What did i say?" I asked.

" You kept on calling Enzoe" my brother said before laughing again with his friends.

I wanted to move and run away but my foot feels like they were nailed on the floor. Thanks to my mom. She pulled me inside the kitchen.

....................................................END.........................................................