Blind

I was about to go when i saw her.

She had a confident walk, it suggested that she knew her place in the world and was more than happy with it.

She walked past me and smiled, i instantly fell in love. She had such a beautiful smile. I didn't have a chance to look in her eyes, so i couldn't tell what colour they were. i was sure they were going to be light blue, because of her blond hair.

i turned around to watch her go, but instead she climbed on the tree behind me. She climbed with such confidence that i was sure she'd done it thousands of times before. i couldn't even climb on the first branch.

Soon she was gone from sight, I was worried. What if she fell? It was such a long way down. So i sat on a nearby bench to wait, that's when i heard the singing. Her voice was okay, nothing exceptional, but not bad either. It was a sad song and she sang it with such emotion, it made me want to cry.

While i was listening to her sing. I was thinking about the way she was dressed and what it might mean about her personality. She was dressed simply, jeans and a t-shirt; that might mean that she was practical. She probably had a boyfriend and how old was she anyway?

It was suddenly so quiet, she finished singing.

i didn't hear her climb down or the thump when she landed, i didn't hear her walk either. It was as if she appeared from nowhere sitting next to me.

"Hi" she said, with a faint accent i couldn't identify.

"Hello, umm, how did you climb down so fast?" I felt like an idiot for asking.

"It's just practice, I've been climbing that tree for a few years now."

"How old are you?" I blurted out and felt embarrassed.

"I'm 15." She answered me.

"i'm sorry, it just came out."

"It's okay, it happens to everyone. I have to go now though," She turned around to leave. Not once did i see her eyes.

"Wait! What's your name?"

She turned to look at me and i finally looked into her eyes. They were cloudy blue and blind.

"Iris" she said and then she was gone.

Later when i was walking home, I wondered how did she see me? And how did she climb after all?

When i came home, while i was taking off my jacket, a piece of paper fell out from a pocket. The piece of paper read: "Blind people more than often see more."

-------

Right this one i wrote for english sometime ago and i wanted to post it earlier but i lost the draft