the pianist

"listen i'm heading into the studio right now, i have some..."

who the fuck are these dudes and why are they in the studio at my scheduled time?

"...listen rita, i'll call you back."

the door closes quietly behind me as the 5 men talk to each other.

oh he's cute

the long haired guy in the black leather jacket laughs loudly at something the guy with the beard just said.

oh no, one of them noticed me- now they've all noticed me... great.

"can we help you with something?" the long haired guy asks, sticking his head out of the glass door.

"oh i- uh- i have a session scheduled for this time in this um- room..."

the guy nods before heading back into the room.

he reconvenes with his friends and points towards me and then to my piano.

they really don't try to make their points less obvious do they.

the man with the beard waves me in with a smile.

they're all so tall, what are they? 6'2? 6'3?

"sorry about the mix up darlin, i'm austin and this is tim, rob, adam, and chance."

they all thrust their hand out for a shake at the same time before laughing at each other, letting tim take the first shake.

"so listen, i think there's been a mix up in our scheduled sessions, we've been double booked... for the next 3 months..." adam says, scrolling through the calendar on his phone.

what the hell

"we'll what are we supposed to do now?" i ask the group.

out of the corner of my eye i see austin's eyes on me as rob starts to discuss a solution.

"or how about this? we could take turns. you can use the studio half the session and we use it the other half."

i feel kinda bad, they probably need this studio more than i do. it's accommodating for the 5 of them.

"i'm so sorry about how this turned out guys. i'd hate to waste your time and take up your space. I can find some place else."

tim laughs lightly before patting me on the back.

"this is your space too. we'll just share, no big deal." he says reassuringly. "right guys?"

the rest of them nod and adam gives me a thumbs up.

okay maybe this will be fine.